Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Cow Creek Ranch-Aoudad Hunts Sept./Oct. 2013

Thanks for sharing...any pics of some good whitetails lately?

Thank You! Whitetails are looking better than ever this year actually. We are probably going to give them another year, and hopefully they stick around so we can harvest a few stud wall hangers the following year I will be sure to post some pictures if i catch any in the next couple weeks.

You do realize you are trying to advertise guided hunts, on private land, for exotic transplanted animals to a bunch of guys that clearly take alot of pride in the fact that they don't use guides, they hunt on public land, and for highly educated animals that are unpredictable.

I am not judging you for what you do, nor am I judging the people that take advantage of your services, I only wonder why you thought this was the place to market.

The animals that are on my place have not been "transplanted". The best way to describe my place is that every animal that is on my place jumped the fence to get here, and can jump it again to get out. It is a low fence operation; therefore in Texas we call that "free-range". It may not be the definition you are used to, but Texas is 99% privately owned so thats the name of the game down here. For that second statement about guides, and whatnot. I will just say I wouldn't continue to post on here about our ranch if I wasn't receiving rhythm from potential customers off this web-site. Also, who doesn't mind looking at other peoples trophy's?

1_pointer,

I absolutely agree. I definately wasn't trying to give the impression that I was better than anyone. Hell, I own and hunt WTs an 8 acre lot that our home is on, plant a food plot on it, and drop hay bales for the deer through the winter to keep them healthy. No judgement here. I was really just curious why he was surprised by some of the responses he got.
Reading your post, I didn't get that impression, and feel you asked an interesting question. Good luck on your 8ac. I have some ground that could definitely benefit from a food plot. I'll be trying a spray and pray method on a couple of small plots next year as equipment to do it up how I'd like is out of the question.

The animals that are on my place have not been "transplanted". The best way to describe my place is that every animal that is on my place jumped the fence to get here, and can jump it again to get out. It is a low fence operation; therefore in Texas we call that "free-range". It may not be the definition you are used to, but Texas is 99% privately owned so thats the name of the game down here. For that second statement about guides, and whatnot. I will just say I wouldn't continue to post on here about our ranch if I wasn't receiving rhythm from potential customers off this web-site. Also, who doesn't mind looking at other peoples trophy's?

Good enough for me. I wish you and your hunters the best of luck, not my thing, but doesn't mean its wrong. I would love to hunt an Aoudad, I would just like to hunt it on my own.

Good luck this fall.

I also hunt in a variety of ways. As I get older there is less humor in suffering the sprinkling of morons I encounter on some public land hunts. Private land looks better and better. I will miss the views but will keep my blood pressure lower.

Back