Yeti GOBOX Collection

Columbia River Chinook

fishing4sanity

It's sad that with a screen name like 'fishing4sanity' I go so rarely. Finally got a chance to get out on the Columbia early this morning for some spring-run Chinooks and to regain a little bit of sanity. I went with my brothers, it was a beautiful sunrise on the river. One brother caught and released his first ever sturgeon which was a very nice 7 footer, good fight, great looking fish .............. and no photo of it! Other brother caught and released a wild Chinook. I caught one Chinook, which was a hatchery/BBQ fish. The talk on the river was how fast the action was yesterday; seems like it's always the day before or after I go that's the best action, but it was a nice break from work for a few hours.

Attachments

• Columbia.jpg
    Columbia.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Fish On.jpg
    Fish On.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Chinook.jpg
    Chinook.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 163
The fish are having a bit of a tougher time making it to ID this year. The above Bonneville guys are going to be 130% of quota once they shut down, and the lower river is reopening for 2 days this weekend to rape and pillage more of the ID bound fish. I just don't get how irresponsible the management of OR and WA is when it comes to Spring Chinook.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back