NEW SITKA Ambient 75

colorado unit 70 deer

treedagain

I ahould draw the 4th season this year. I have a basic knowledge of the unit dry creek etc. Just looking for some feedback and push in the right direction. I have hunted units 61,62,40,3, 301 and 11for deer and elk if somenody wants to swap info or just need some help. Looking forward to this one, should be a fun hunt.

I've been chasing unit 70 4th season since they started the tag a few years ago and I've been a point behind every year...how many do you have? Point creep has been insane for it :confused:

I just looked it up on Hunter's Trailhead and 10 points was 83% and 11 & 12 points was 100% as of 2015 draw. But, I've been applying as a resident since the tag came out and the point requirement jumps 2 or 3 points each year because a shit ton of people put in for that tag. I've hunted elk around in 70 for 7 years, so if you wanna chat, shoot me a PM. I shot a nice buck there during 3rd season 7 years ago back when you could get the tag as a leftover and get PLO doe tags that never sold out. I was just out there this past archery season, so I have some fairly recent info, but I can tell you they've had a pretty rough winter this year.

John,

Winter has been mild in 70 so far. The spring storms can really stress if the snow is followed by cold temps, but that doesn't look to be the case. You should see good recruitment. That trophy spike buck is yours. :)

I finally gave up on chasing 4th season in 70 and finding that disappointing 'unsuccessful' message on my page as point creep grew every year, so I'm burning points on an archery tag in another area this year :D Which sucks, because I have a buddy that lives in 70 and I can stay at his house and sleep in a warm bed and have a home cooked meal and a shower every night there :eek: It's funny you say that, though...they've been whining about the winter for months out by Naturita :confused:

I'd trust his opinion over mine. I've only driven through the area a handful of times.

Lot's of critters in with little to no snow in the winter range areas from what I've seen. I need to get over there and hunt a turkey bird and find some antlers.

Friggin bastages found out about my local elk herd and told the world and my little honey hole got overrun this year...not even an elk on trail camera this year

Well snow or no snow i should have the tag and will make the best of it. The unit i drew last year in Wyo was supposed to be down and after looking over 40 plus 4points i shot a buck over 185. I just want the tag. John i appreciate the heads up

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back