Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado ski partners wanted

@DouglasR Bon voyage, and keep Miss Corona to yourself!

There are Rx meds for the 'rona these days. Supposed to reduce symptoms and keep you more likely to not be hospitilized, especially for "higher risk" folks. Gotta get them going within a couple of days of onset of symptoms for best relief.

@DouglasR Bon voyage, and keep Miss Corona to yourself!

There are Rx meds for the 'rona these days. Supposed to reduce symptoms and keep you more likely to not be hospitilized, especially for "higher risk" folks. Gotta get them going within a couple of days of onset of symptoms for best relief.
Some people just can’t handle summit county 🤦‍♂️
I’m gonna see how tonight goes and maybe call my doctor tomorrow.

😂 😂 😂
😡
Half of your unwanted overnight guests are your employees because you’re not paying a livable wage...

When the boomer manager of operations wants to take a pic with your orientation class because he’s so proud that none of you are living in employees housing but he doesn’t realize that literally 50% of the class is living in their cars.
1677642479429.gif

Half of your unwanted overnight guests are your employees because you’re not paying a livable wage...

When the boomer manager of operations wants to take a pic with your orientation class because he’s so proud that none of you are living in employees housing but he doesn’t realize that literally 50% of the class is living in their cars.
The overnight thing for your average skier in most large resorts is just a non-starter these days In CO. I certainly sympathize with your scenario and your co-workers, but it’s just not feasible at the big joints to allow camping.

From the article:

Scott said the goals would be to reduce the number of “single-occupancy vehicles” and promote the use of the Summit Stage, the county’s free bus system.”

Seriously?! All the summit county resorts are heavily utilized by day-Skiiers, how is summit Stage an option If you’re not already living or staying nearby?

Whatever capacity you need to park cars at the resort would just need to be shifted to a need for the same capacity at multiple park and ride lots in Frisco/Silverthorne/Dillon. Which don’t currently exist. And those city planners (and residents) aren’t likely to support that. Plus you’d need all the current electronic signs on the freeway (and likely more) providing real time parking info as they fill up.

But all that being said, charging for parking is probably the right move, OTC skiing at popular places is going about as well with crowding as OTC bull tags In popular units. Preference points will be next :)

The overnight thing for your average skier in most large resorts is just a non-starter these days In CO. I certainly sympathize with your scenario and your co-workers, but it’s just not feasible at the big joints to allow camping.

From the article:

Scott said the goals would be to reduce the number of “single-occupancy vehicles” and promote the use of the Summit Stage, the county’s free bus system.”

Seriously?! All the summit county resorts are heavily utilized by day-Skiiers, how is summit Stage an option If you’re not already living or staying nearby?

Whatever capacity you need to park cars at the resort would just need to be shifted to a need for the same capacity at multiple park and ride lots in Frisco/Silverthorne/Dillon. Which don’t currently exist. And those city planners (and residents) aren’t likely to support that. Plus you’d need all the current electronic signs on the freeway (and likely more) providing real time parking info as they fill up.

But all that being said, charging for parking is probably the right move, OTC skiing at popular places is going about as well with crowding as OTC bull tags In popular units. Preference points will be next :)
Will they cuck themselves out to the level of vail?
This scene’s getting played.
I’m going to Hood or bachelor next year.

Will they cuck themselves out to the level of vail?
This scene’s getting played.
I’m going to Hood or bachelor next year.
I realize I'm part of the problem, and I don't believe I'm long for the ski world. It gets less and less appealing every season. I've had a pretty good 35 year run of chasing powder when work allowed to being an instructor in highschool. Having said that, heading to Mammoth for a 4 day weekend...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back