MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado Results Are Up!

They need to contract out to the company out of Nevada that does draws for Nevada and Utah...they seem to have their stuff together.

They fixed our tags at least, exactly what I expected.

Mine are back up also.
Wllm, what did you end up with?

We both got our first choice which was bull 1st season rifle! Really excited for a fun week in the woods. You draw as well brokenarrow?

We both got our first choice which was bull 1st season rifle! Really excited for a fun week in the woods. You draw as well brokenarrow?
Yea buddy, Rifle Pronghorn and my backyard deer archery! Can't be in two places at once. Gotta love it.
I'm seriously glad to hear that it ended well. I have felt the burn of not drawing and having to wait a whole year to try and draw a tag that lets me get to where I love to be. Congrats

Definitely happy with my one year I get resident tags. The antelope tag will be a tough one as it was a 0pt unit with limited lope and public land but was worth a shot for the money.

draw results2.jpg

Gotta love the "gotta have it now" reactions...

And my reply to multiple forthcoming quotes... lighten up Francis!

I'll be spending as much of September as I can chasing elk with my bow above 11k then a couple weeks break before taking my oldest to find the big brother to Big Slicks buck.

Looks like my lil one drew our first choice ranch for her on the RFW cow draw!! We will be hunting outside Craig 16-20 DEC. I think I am more excited than she is even :)

I'll be spending as much of September as I can chasing elk with my bow above 11k then a couple weeks break before taking my oldest to find the big brother to Big Slicks buck.
So what you're saying is that by the time I have the last week of the season off you will have one tied up for me?

Woo! Drew a 3rd season unit 71/711 deer tag!
Hey Bulldog, I hunted 71 archery last year and happily took a cool, offset 3x3. His much larger 4x4 brother just wouldn't turn for a shot on the last day. It was a great hunt and there are some good deer. So good that I was fortunate enough to harvest a cow elk halfway through the season and then switched my focus solely on bucks. The bulls are there too and of equal quality. You could get an OTC tag for 3rd season elk and have a ball. Hiking a couple miles in there is a good thing.
If you or anyone else wants to PM me, feel free. I live just over the hill in unit 74. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Looks like friends and I will be back in Colorado's West Elk Mtns for First Rifle Elk season again this year.

El unit looks like we will be playing in the same hills first rifle then.

Does Colorado send a refund check or do they refund the account? I looked around on the website but couldn't find an answer.

Does Colorado send a refund check or do they refund the account? I looked around on the website but couldn't find an answer.

They send you a check, usually they are very prompt. I have already received my wife's deer and my moose, still waiting on the pronghorn. I would expect something in the mail by next friday for a non-res.

I hope she finds the big brother, that would be epic. Cushman's says that failure in the draw this year was due to the little brother I shot last year.

My son and I did draw decent antelope tags though. I found one so far that should reach 80+ in our unit. Good luck to those that drew their tags. Andy

Last edited:
Back