Colorado HELP !!!!

IDHunter,

When you apply for (purchase) a preference point in Colorado, you have to front the money for the least expensive tag available for that species. For elk, the cheapest tag is a NR cow elk tag. As long as it is showing the preference point code, you are OK. It will show the antlerless elk tag when it calculates the fees you have to pay, then you will be refunded that amount, less the $25 for the PP and the $3 application fee, after the draws are conducted.

Corey

If you draw anything but your first choice you keep all your preference points.

By reading the regs, it looks like they will charge you $25 per point for each species you apply for (plus the $3 app fee). I'm not positive on that though.

As far as I know the system will be up until midnight, but I wouldn't count on it. It's a company in Tennessee that's doing the drawing, so it might be midnight Tennessee time.

Couple questions about the Colorado draw...
After reading through some of the regulations it sounds like if you draw a tag and it's not your first choice you keep all preference points, is that true?
I couldn't find anything in the regs about how much more $$ it was to apply for additional species? Like for deer it will be $28 but if I wanted elk also is it $28 again or a different amount? Also will the deadline be available until mid-night tonight or do they take it off the web earlier? Thanks

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back