Colorado Elk First Timer

BigRed

Hey all, been poaching the site for a while here and figured I'd jump in. Just moved to Ft Collins a year ago from Michigan's UP. Now with residency cannot wait to start chasing something other than whitetails! Due to my schedule I wont have a week or two to head out so I'm trying to balance distance from home with a good hunt. Been E scouting and thinking about checking out Zirkel wilderness area with the OTC tag. Any recommendation on whether to invest time in 2nd or 3rd season?? Any other tips VERY appreciated! Thanks!

bow hunted #7 few times. is elk there just have to get back in farther then the rest of the hunters. hunt the wide and can find elk just have to work for it unlike deer in mi.

Hey all, been poaching the site for a while here and figured I'd jump in. Just moved to Ft Collins a year ago from Michigan's UP. Now with residency cannot wait to start chasing something other than whitetails! Due to my schedule I wont have a week or two to head out so I'm trying to balance distance from home with a good hunt. Been E scouting and thinking about checking out Zirkel wilderness area with the OTC tag. Any recommendation on whether to invest time in 2nd or 3rd season?? Any other tips VERY appreciated! Thanks!

Hi BigRed,

Welcome to the Fort! There are a lot of hunting/fishing opportunities within a two hour drive of town. Send me a PM when you have a free minute and I can give you some suggestions.

Good luck!

Mt. Z use to be a great place, not sure nowadays. We killed elk there 8yrs ago. good luck.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back