colorado Elk 1st rifle 2019

castnblast75

Hello All, Going to Colorado elk hunting this fall. I will be using my
Tica lite 300 wm. I shoot federal 180 power shok bullets (blue box) and get less than 1" groups at 100 yds. I have taken a half dozen whitetail and mule deer with this combo out to 200 yds. None of which went more than 30 yds. My question is, would you trust this bullet on the bigger bodied elk? I've used the federal premium nosler partition and they shoot just OK. Thanks for any and all advice, Jim

I would. Sounds like your groups are good, so all you have to do is aim for the right spot.

I use a Tikka Hunter in 7 mag. It loves the 160 gr Federal premiums with Nosler Partitions. Longest kill was at 325 yds. Bull took 2 steps and dropped.

I shoot and killed elk with 180 grn nosler accubonds in my 300winmag. As with any bulled placement kills

Sounds like your good to go! You do your part on shot placement and you will be packing out an elk.

Hey All, Thanks for all the advice. Going to play around with federal np,s a little more. Otherwise I'll use the federal power shoks. Good Luck and Safe Hunting, Jim

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back