Colorado Deer Unit 3/301 or 11/211?

Cod9524

I have narrowed down my decision for Colorado's 2nd season rifle mule deer season to 3/301 or 11/211. I have 0 non resident points and was basing my decision on past years draw out numbers as well as success rates. I was wondering if anyone had any input on which they feel would be the better unit to hunt for the second season. I have read some things about both units and know there is lots of hunting pressure but also a good amount of deer. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

You may or may not draw those units with 0 points, 38% chance in 11/211 and 50% chance in 3/301 for last year. Both groups have really high success rates and similar terrain, so I would just toss a coin...but then again Ive never been there. You most likely wont hear from many on here being so new asking for advice on units, but good luck this year.

I hunted 4th season elk in 003/301 last fall which I know is a couple weeks after second season. The mule deer are thick in that area. From what I encountered there was a lot of mid size bucks 140-50. You will have to work to see bigger 170+.

I hunted 4th season elk in 003/301 last fall which I know is a couple weeks after second season. The mule deer are thick in that area. From what I encountered there was a lot of mid size bucks 140-50. You will have to work to see bigger 170+.
When you hunted elk out there did you see a buck that would hit the 170” mark? I was considering turning my 3rd season tag back in, but I decided to keep it. Heading out in the morning to scout for the weekend and get behind some glass....... 🤞

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fish406
Back