Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

colorado 4th season

Mudranger1

for those that have hunted the 4th season for elk what should I be looking for? There are a few leftover cow tags and I was wondering if they are still available are there any elk in these areas? or I guess just any suggestions

you didn't see a bull last week...I don't know about that offer ;)
you can go but it will be a drive up after work one day hunt one day and drive home...I have split days off

The CPW doesn't make a habit of issuing elk tags in units with no elk, despite what some non-residents may say. :D

Most 4th season hunts are very weather dependent. The weather will dictate where you should hunt.

so are you saying that if a blizzard hasn't hit by then I shouldn't be looking for a winter concentration area?

If the weather stays warm like it is now, the elk will still be where they are now. They may be pressured by 3rd season hunters to private lands, but in the units that are mostly public lands, they will remain in the tougher to reach areas. You can pretty much count on the cows and young bulls to panic if we get several inches of snow, and they will start moving lower towards winter range. Not necessarily the "concentration areas" as mapped by CPW, but maybe the fringes of winter range. On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain.

now I'm really not sure what to do...is there a place where I can read about there migration timing...just in general oh wise one

Dont worry about hunting 4th, just PM me your cell # so you and Zach can help get "MY" elk out incase I decide to shoot one somewhere stupid :(

Since you're Mr Beast mode :D

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back