CO draw changes

Thanks for the update. Interesting. Not fronting the cost of the tag will probably get a lot more hunters putting in for PP.

Don't expect the application fee to stay $3 beyond this year. I was at the CWP roundtable last night and they're pushing hard to raise it.

Don't expect the application fee to stay $3 beyond this year. I was at the CWP roundtable last night and they're pushing hard to raise it.

Did they discuss electronic refunds verse mailing checks out....

Anyone know if they are going to make changes to the disaster of a system they have for the leftover licenses? I know a couple of places have stopped selling them the first day due to fist fights in line.

Anyone know if they are going to make changes to the disaster of a system they have for the leftover licenses? I know a couple of places have stopped selling them the first day due to fist fights in line.

You would think they just make them available all online the first day and not wait till the second day! What is really the point in making folks stand in line and put the added pressure on vendors etc?? I see no advantage in them doing it that way

Plus it's it makes it way easier to game the system. I know a couple of individuals who have access to license machines that have queued up their own info before the drawing and pushed send the second it opens. One guy in particular has gotten several 8+ pt muley tags that people have turned in using this method.

Plus it's it makes it way easier to game the system. I know a couple of individuals who have access to license machines that have queued up their own info before the drawing and pushed send the second it opens. One guy in particular has gotten several 8+ pt muley tags that people have turned in using this method.

Licenses that require 5 or more points are offered to others in the drawing for that specific tag. They do not go to the leftover reissue unless everyone who applied for that tag declines it.

Licenses that require 5 or more points are offered to others in the drawing for that specific tag. They do not go to the leftover reissue unless everyone who applied for that tag declines it.

This is a new rule for 2017.

Did they discuss electronic refunds verse mailing checks out....

No - you don't front the money at all anymore and that's not likely to change. Its too expensive to hold the money.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but they're looking to raise the NR application fee from $3 to up to $20, so I'm sure that will give people some pause on just putting in for MSG since its now "cheaper" to apply.

Last edited:
So if I'm reading this right, as long as I have my annual fishing license I only pay the $3 application fee upfront for points only and nothing for the point itself as a resident?

So if I'm reading this right, as long as I have my annual fishing license I only pay the $3 application fee upfront for points only and nothing for the point itself as a resident?

That's what it looks like for this year. I wonder if they will go to a fee like WY does in the future?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back