CO CPW Draw Process Working Group

Also heard reissue is changing, but just rumors right now, and my rumors said going back to what it was random release times… may or may not include benefits for res… or if tag was res it goes to res, tag was NR goes to NR… all hearsay so far

Yeah you guys are right, this system sucks let’s change it.

Guess what? Otc is going away next year. The reissue system is changing this year. Your 2nd-4th choice tags are going to take your points going forward and you won’t be hoarding points.

I don’t like hunting does and cows on leftover tags or otc archery antelope on the plains or even otc rag horns anymore.

You guys know nothing about me. I WILL hunt good tags EVERY year in Colorado and other states. I’m more worried about people that can’t and our younger hunters than myself.
The re-issue process for this year is printed in the regs book so how can they change that now? I hope they do though.

Is a reissue change in the cards for 2025?
The reissue process is the topic of discussion for an upcoming DWG meeting. Any proposed changes that are approved by the Commission will be implemented at a later date yet to be determined. It could be 2025 if it's a relatively simple process change, or it could be later if it requires computer programming, etc. Pure speculation on my part, but any modifications that require substantial programming or license system changes likely won't be implemented until 2027 or later. I believe that CPW's current contract with Aspira expires in 2026, so draw system and licensing changes will be rolled into an RFP finding the next vendor.

The reissue process is the topic of discussion for an upcoming DWG meeting. Any proposed changes that are approved by the Commission will be implemented at a later date yet to be determined. It could be 2025 if it's a relatively simple process change, or it could be later if it requires computer programming, etc. Pure speculation on my part, but any modifications that require substantial programming or license system changes likely won't be implemented until 2027 or later.
I'm hopeful the reissue process mostly goes away in 2027 as I'd love to see the tag return policy be highly restricted (long running theme of my emails to CPW).

I believe that CPW's current contract with Aspira expires in 2026, so draw system and licensing changes will be rolled into an RFP finding the next vendor.

Oh man. I do a lot of enterprise software selection/assessment projects. I'd go pretty close to pro bono to help them with that...

I'm hopeful the reissue process mostly goes away in 2027 as I'd love to see the tag return policy be highly restricted (long running theme of my emails to CPW).

Oh man. I do a lot of enterprise software selection/assessment projects. I'd go pretty close to pro bono to help them with that...
Most government rfp go out to bid on platforms like bidnet. If that’s in your wheelhouse and with a company that is actually capable I would keep an eye on it. Get familiar with the platform and the process of bidding on government work. Lots of little quirks and advantages for different types of businesses if you check the right boxes.

Most government rfp go out to bid on platforms like bidnet. If that’s in your wheelhouse and with a company that is actually capable I would keep an eye on it. Get familiar with the platform and the process of bidding on government work. Lots of little quirks and advantages for different types of businesses if you check the right boxes.
Thanks, @Dsnow9 - I was involved in a little Public sector work when I was with one of the big firms and recall the (let's just go with 'laborious') bid process in broad terms. Will take a peek at the platform.

The reissue process is incredible easy to fix IMO. Go back to the old system of random release times, tags stay either Res or non-res (or res can grab a NR tag but they gotta pay non-res prices) and it takes all your points for that species.

The reissue process is incredible easy to fix IMO. Go back to the old system of random release times, tags stay either Res or non-res (or res can grab a NR tag but they gotta pay non-res prices) and it takes all your points for that species.
Or, even easier, just stop allowing tag returns outside the medical and bereavement categories that are already on the books. Reissue problem solved and money saved.

Or, even easier, just stop allowing tag returns outside the medical and bereavement categories that are already on the books. Reissue problem solved and money saved.
I personally loved the old reissue I just think it should take your points. A mini-draw every week would probably be the best way to clear more points out of the system but that’s probably way too complex to execute. Although with the preview list now it might not be that difficult and making 8.00 an app would be a pretty good way to generate revenue while clearing more points out of the system.

And it knocks that point holder to the back of the line where they belong...

Helping a good friend game plan tags this year… probably the most astounding thing is the number of tags that used to be 2nd/ 3rd choice or leftover that are now 0/1point tags… crazy the amount of interest that is there now… but yes we have to stope the get points and hunt thing, it is bad news and will continue to get worse. Going to be a shock to the high point holders but I guess they will have to make a decision…

Heres the only solution to reissue that will ever work perfectly: NOT TO HAVE ANY! No returns of tags will solve the problem.

Any discussion around the draw currently in place for sheep? Any changes that seems to be coming or discussed that would drastically change how it works now?

Any discussion around the draw currently in place for sheep? Any changes that seems to be coming or discussed that would drastically change how it works now?

there has been discussion about squaring points.

i don't think think there have been any recommendations for changes though.

The website below has a link to watch the meeting..

Back