City Buck...

Horn Seeker

I heard this buck was "poached" in downtown Missoula...
missoulapoach.jpg

I heard some low life shot it with a bow on 3rd street right by the coke plant. Rumor has it that it hung around Missoula for several years and actually has declined a bit. My buddy saw it a couple years ago by the railroad tracks by the mall, where Roscoe steel use to be and he said it was a brute, he wasn't kidding.

It was killed by the coke plant on third street. There were two guys/kids that were picked up by the Fish and Game after numerous complaints. They were both in their 20's I believe. They both got fines and lost their hunting priveledges. I can't remember the amount of the fines...I want to say about 2,000 between them (more to the one who actually shot the deer) and I believe the one who shot it lost his license 4 years and the other 2 years...damn nice deer though. I may have a picture of that deer last year in a backyard of a guy who worked with my dad. Sitting under an apple tree in the afternoon.

Yeah...a friend of mine said he used to hang in there yard, eat flowers and apples and such... I'd just love to have taken live pics of him...

E

Sorry to pull up an old thread, but I was really familiar with this deer. He was by no means in regression, was only a five or possibly a six year old deer.
The numbers I heard were 36" outside spread and just a smidge over 200" gross. He's supposed to be mounted and displayed at the region 2 headquarters in Missoula.
Here's a picture I took the summer of '06.

Attachments

• buck06.jpg
    buck06.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 397
It is sad some folks get a thrill like that. 3 years ago here in shoshoni WY we had a local antelope buck that lived on our and nabors lawns. 2 high school kids killed him when bow season opened. Lucky a nabor saw then do it and reported them.. The antelope come in my yard and eat crab apples, and I leave the gate open for them.. It is much easier and raking them up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back