Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Chukar numbers up on Snake, Salmon rivers

"The survey showed 125 birds per square mile, an average of 15 groups per mile and 9 birds per group. The number of birds per group is down 10 percent from the average but birds per mile is up 69 percent, groups up 97 percent and groups per mile up 114 percent."

125 birds per square mile, That's one section of land. That's incredible!!!!!

How much are plane tickets to Idaho????

Have fun huntin' those birds and post photos.

good luck to all
the dog

I've witnessed nice broods (some very young) of quail as well.. looks like many re-nesting birds or late nesting hens. I can remember in past years thinking how a wetter spring is whacking brood success only to find out that the great upside of additional cover & insects more than compensates. Great year to own a pointer in Idaho.
Come on out Pointingdogsrule. I had a fella from NW IN make the drive several years ago with his 6 setters/pointers.
WD

If I didn't have a trip planned to South Dakota for Sharptails and Chickens & an antelope hunt coming up in Wyoming I'd be headed out. Thanks for the invite. I'll have to check on the Idaho season dates to see how long that season lasts.

Good luck to all
the dog

Chukars and the Snake River where the hill is steeper and the birds are rightly named "Up Land" birds as they always seem to fly higher and land aways up the hill. I agree their numbers are Up--way up about on that second crest rolling up from the river bottom. Sure hope you are having a good season!!!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back