Chukar Hunting SW Idaho

fowladdict

If WV Hunter was to tell a story about Oak telling a story about Chukar hunting it would go something like this. Went chukar hunting with a buddy and his dog. Walked in rocky and steep crap. Dog pointed birds. We shot em. The end.

Attachments

• IMG_7607.jpg
    IMG_7607.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,343
Congrats on the birds, that reminds me of a Vizsla we used to have back in the early '70's . . . . . crap my kids are right, I'm getting old, still thanks for sharing the pic.

Congrats on the birds, that reminds me of a Vizsla we used to have back in the early '70's . . . . . crap my kids are right, I'm getting old, still thanks for sharing the pic.

I have never even heard of a vizsla until about ten years ago. Granted this is the only one I've ever hunted behind, I am impressed.

fowladdict1, I can't remember the details, but when we lived near Nyssa, Oregon my dad got a Vizsla, which looking back I'm surprised he would go to the effort and expense it took to get the dog, then in 1976 we moved to Washington and he met a guy with a dog that was closely related to our first one, so we got one more out of that same blood line. Now, I hunt with a friend with a Vizsla, they're a great dog.

There are few things better than hunting over a good dog for chukar and hun.

Tyson, Would that be hunting over a hun with a good dog ? ;)

So, Fowladdict, My friend at ACHD says he's over 120 birds so far ths season. They are slaying them !!! Looks like you guys hit the motherload too.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back