Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Chukar action

Wally Dog

At the top of the ridge we take a break after 1300' altitude gain. Today I'm sore and Jaeger can't move.
IMG_0293.jpg

This fairly well describes how people have heart attacks!
10-18-09daysenddilemma.jpg
The Snake River breaks.
IMG_0299.jpg

Hero shot
IMG_0302.jpg

One of 15 jakes we bumped right back near the truck.
10-18-09jakeinatreesmaller.jpg

Excellent job on the chukars. I went chukar hunting the other day but got discouraged with all the big game hunters... so I didn't hunt. I'm jealous.

Awesome pictures!
Don't know a single thing about chukars, but they look like a blast to hunt.

Nice post,I bet my dog would love to have at them.Thanks for the pics.

Nice job Wally!

I don't have any room to complain about upland game, but I do miss chukar hunting! They are a hoot to hunt.

Wallydog,

Great pictures. That just plain looks like a lot of work and I don't doubt you are both very sore. Thank you for posting!

Buschy,
I'm headed to your fair state next week for some waterfowl action. Have not hunted NoDak since I lived in Bottineau in the late 70's...............
WD

Man that county looks tough. I wonder how my dogs would do. I think it would eat them up even though I run trials and hunt tests. Thanks for the pics.

Congrats on managing to down a few of those devils. Did birds seem as scarce as projected counts made them out to be?

Congrats on managing to down a few of those devils. Did birds seem as scarce as projected counts made them out to be?

Nope!! So far I have seen pretty decent numbers and haven't seen this many since 2006. I've only chukar hunted once and managed 3, but saw lots of birds. I have also seen more chukar when deer hunting than I remember over the last couple of years.

Wally congrats on a great hunt! Go to your vet and ask about Cosequin DS for your dog. That stuff is the best when it comes to sore muscles with dogs. I give this to my 9 year old lab and she is ready to play ball the next day after hunting.

Tone, plenty of birds. The numbers are much improved from last year and with a decent winter and spring it'll be very good next year.
Fowl, she just tore her pads up as usual. I didn't road her as much this year as I typically do.
WD

Nice Wally! I haven't been out for chukar yet, but probably will this week. Gimme a holler when you get back from MT, and I promise I'll buy you a beer... or two...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back