Check out this hog!

danr55

I understand this hog came from the UP of Michigan. That's all I know about it. Sure is an interesting picture though..

:cool:

Attachments

• 2005ULB.JPG
    2005ULB.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 323
Funny, I heard a few weeks ago that it was from Wisconsin? Maybe this will become another legend that will be posted every year. :D Awesome looking deer though.
2005UL_T.JPG

If it was Wisconsin, that fella would be headed to the county jail. It is illegal to kill albino deer there. There was a story in the Duluth MN newspaper a while back about a guy that got caught. It was a nice buck too, the story seemed that the deer was kind of a pet/legend in the area where it was shot. If I remember right the guy was stripped of hunting priveleges for a couple years and paid a pretty hefty fine. I will try to find the story to share it...

ZAMBONIMAN said:
If it was Wisconsin, that fella would be headed to the county jail. It is illegal to kill albino deer there. There was a story in the Duluth MN newspaper a while back about a guy that got caught. It was a nice buck too, the story seemed that the deer was kind of a pet/legend in the area where it was shot. If I remember right the guy was stripped of hunting priveleges for a couple years and paid a pretty hefty fine. I will try to find the story to share it...

That's B.S. There is no reason albino deer should be protected.

WH- Though they look kinda cool, I agree that there’s no biological reason or reason I could see within deer management that "should" prohibit the killing of an albino deer, the fact is they are protected in about a dozen different states.

I don't see how that "hog" got that big, you would think that by standing out like that and being so much more vulnerable to hunters and other predators he would have got his arse whacked a long time prior!

My bad, I meant MN. Same thing anyway, home to lots of water and too many wolves. ;) :D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back