Caribou Gear Tarp

Charge for Salmon

JoseCuervo

It is kind of funny, but with all the things that happen in the NorthWest, the Wild Pacific Salmon is still a large part of the region's Identity. It is just unfortunate that Dubya won't spend the money to breach the dams, and end up saving the money we spend on trying to compensate for the Wild Fish runs.... So now, more efforts are required by Private citizens to overcome the lack of effort by Dubya. :(

ShoreBank Pacific, a bank that can be truly called an environmental bank, has launched its first consumer credit card, the Salmon Nation Visa.

One of only a handful of socially responsible credit cards in the country, the Visa will support the restoration of NorthWest watersheds and, thus, the endangered salmon fisheries.

Salmon Nation is an initiative of Ecotrust (Portland, Oregon), a nonprofit that is raising awareness of issues and behavioral choices that contribute to the health of regional watersheds and the economies of the people who live in them.

Activities already underway include campaigns to encourage people to purchase wild salmon and buy locally produced foods. ShoreBank will contribute 50 percent of the income it generates from the card to Ecotrust's efforts.

The bank offers a variety of consumer EcoDeposit products, money from which supports loans to businesses and nonprofits committed to their communities and to reducing their environmental footprints. Consumer products include certificates of deposit (CDs), money market and savings accounts, and IRAs. Also available are Partnership CDs, which allow consumers to donate their interest to the participating nonprofits.

ShoreBank Pacific is an FDIC-insured bank leading the financial world in sustainable banking. Founded in 1997 as a joint venture between ShoreBank Corp., based in Chicago, and Ecotrust, ShoreBank Pacific invests in people and businesses in the Pacific Northwest to create strong companies, a healthy environment, and vibrant communities. It is headquartered in Ilwaco, Washington, with additional lending offices in Portland, Oregon, and Olympia, Washington.

Ecotrust is a nonprofit organization with a mission to build the bioregion called Salmon Nation, from Alaska to California. Salmon Nation is a place defined by watersheds, not political boundaries, and valued for abundance, interconnectedness, authenticity, and sense of place as well as an understanding that extraordinary economies that support the social fabric of a region can be built within an ecological framework.

Based in Portland, Oregon — with offices in Coos Bay, Oregon; San Francisco; Anchorage and Juneau, Alaska — Ecotrust has five program areas: forestry, fisheries, food and farms, Native programs, and citizenship.

No Elkgunner, more effert is required by locals rather than all other citizens who couldn't care less whether there are fish or not. You seem to forget that GW is President of the US, not Montana, or Colorado, or Wyoming, etc...
hump.gif

Paws,

Since when did the ESA not become a Federal Law? You are now saying Dubya should not be enforcing the Federal Law? Great, more suspension of the Constitution under Dubya...

Salmon is not a State/Local issue, it is a National Crisis, that needs addressed, NOW!

Its amazing the lack of a thought process Paws exhibits.

Gunner, you are right, it is a federal responsibility to keep salmon off the list.

Dubya is ignoring the policy set by the People of the United States...what a great leader.

Now let me see Legislative, Judicial and Executive; I think I have that right, but maybe Bush isn't the Chief Executive, errr I guess I could be wrong. ;) Maybe Elkgunner has something there; errrr, maybe Buzz in all his 36 years and almost a four year degree is on target; errr, could be his Smokey Bear hat is just too tight too! ;)

Paws, alzheimers has really set in, hasnt it?

almost a four year degree

Really, you want to substantiate that comment before you get your ass handed to you once again???

Paws, it may not be alzheimers, but whatever the case may be...I'd definately get a check-up.

Every 6 months; just like clock work I go in for my "semi-annual ass-chewin'!" :D

Originally posted by BuzzH:
They havent found anything wrong??? I'd get a second opinion. ;)
I'm sorry Phil but that was funny as hell. LMAO :D ;)

It is a good thing that there are actual people who put the money where there mouth is instead of their back pocket and screw the environment and the wildlife.

Why are you sorry?? :confused: No they found plenty wrong; but, for the shape I'm in I'm in pretty good shape. At least I'm not taking those damned shots yet!!
hump.gif

You might want to start askin' for the shots....

Buzz,
I have to agree with Nut, that was pretty funny, about the "second opinion"....

Paws,
How come you won't explain why Dubya is not supposed to enforce the laws of the Legislative branch? Let's face it, Dubya/Cheney continue to suspend the Constitution at will. How you can defend Dubya on Salmon just points to a severe lack of knowledge and/or ability to reason. The good news is, if you enter into any contracts, they would likely be voidable, due to your condition....

Elkgunner you are full of it! Much of it is bound to spill over. Go schedule a trip a far away trip!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back