PEAX Equipment

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes....

thomas89

Made a move last year to Washington state with the wife who is in the Air Force. Lost my hunting spots, buddies, local knowledge, contacts, etc., so the past year has been a major adjustment and mostly me sulking about the move. Aside from a 10 day trip back to Wyoming in September/October, it's been the worst year in the outdoors for me since ... ever.

First birds into the decoys was a pair of pintails, guy I was with shot the hen and I dumped the drake. Was bittersweet as the morning went on because pintails were the only thing wanting to work the spread but with our daily limit already reached we could do nothing but enjoy the show. This one is hopefully nice enough to get the treatment at a taxidermist shop.

Not only has the hunting been a change but everything here is just ... different. For instance, did you know there is free camping under all the highways here? I kid you not, wherever you want to camp, just set it up.

1577725616775.jpeg

You're most likely not close to Kennewick, but if you need a really good bird taxidermist talk to Leon Mathews @ Avian Artistry. Congrats on the pintail and good luck with all the changes.

Leon Mathews was also recommended with Seth Lane. Both their work looks outstanding, excited to see what he can do with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back