Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

case trimer?

big ben

how often should you trim your cases,and how many times can you reload the same case ?i do not have a case trimer and was wondering if it was a nesesity to get, i just use a deburing tool for now....big ben....

I trim whenever the case gets too long.Some type of trimmer will be needed as you go along, brass grows- it will get too long sooner or later. Your de-burr tool doesn't really trim, it's normally used after trimming.
I don't bother counting how many loads go into a case, I just toss the bad ones after a visual inspect.

Ben...I'm mulling the reloading decision and haven't taken the plunge yet. Would appreciate an update as you progress. There are some savvy loaders on this site.

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jhtml?id=0003098&navAction=push&navCount=3&indexId=cat20849&parentId=cat20849&parentType=index&rid=&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fpod-link.jhtml_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712

The above link is to Cabelas. The Lee case trimmer is the simplest, easiest design I have ever seen for case trimmers. And it's probably the least expensive trimmer available. It really works great. I attach it to my cordless drill and trim cases in no time.

If your cases get too long, you could have some real problems.

I use the lee trimmer but after wearing out several of the cutters, I made one out of M2 and hardened it to a little over RC60. I think this one will last :D

Next time I get access the tool grinder out I'll try to make a few dozen. I'm sure they will outlast the mild steel flash plated ones that Richard is selling :D

Back