Carbon Express Maxima Red Arrows

EODRay

I was wondering if any of you had some feedback on this arrow? My Team Member is learning to shoot and has broken about 10 of my arrows. I ordered 6 of the Red's and have read a lot of good things about them. Here is a good article about what goes into them.
http://www.bowhunting.com/blog/2013/7/18/carbon-express-maxima-red-arrow/

I have already ordered them but just want to see if there was any feedback from the experienced hunters/shooters here.

Can't help u on the new arrows. However, I use to shoot the Maxima hunters before the price became redonkulous. I still shoot the Pile Drivers.

The one thing I love about Carbon Express in general is the nock collars. I once tried Easton arrows and cannot stand those POS knocks they have, always breaking and falling off.

They have received very positive comments over on the Bowsite.

Can't help u on the new arrows. However, I use to shoot the Maxima hunters before the price became redonkulous. I still shoot the Pile Drivers.

The one thing I love about Carbon Express in general is the nock collars. I once tried Easton arrows and cannot stand those POS knocks they have, always breaking and falling off.

Dink, they are expensive for sure. Pretty much cost me one month of immanent danger pay for just 6 of them. LOL They better be awesome!

I have been real pleased with the Maxima hunters but have not tried the Reds.

Guess I'll have to post a review on here when/if I get them. I found out today that I will be moving to a new camp before the end of the month to work in a new area. Of course I had already ordered them. I really hope it gets here before I move.

I shot CX Maximas for about 5 years but went back to Bemans this past season. I never had any issues with CX arrows and assume the Reds are probably great. Worth the extra cost? I dunno. I went back to Beman as they are cheaper, perform as well, and are American made.

I shot CX Maximas for about 5 years but went back to Bemans this past season. I never had any issues with CX arrows and assume the Reds are probably great. Worth the extra cost? I dunno. I went back to Beman as they are cheaper, perform as well, and are American made.

I actually tried to order the Bemans first but the places that I tried to order from either didn't have the spine rating I needed or wouldn't ship to Afghanistan.

I actually tried to order the Bemans first but the places that I tried to order from either didn't have the spine rating I needed or wouldn't ship to Afghanistan.

I'm sure logistics really makes getting items difficult.

Thanks for your service!

The Reds are a BA shaft, look cool to. CX makes a hell of an arrow, maxima's are their pride and joy. Super accurate and consistent. Only issues I have with them, the finish wears off so they don't look as cool. This depends on rest and target types. They are not the toughest arrow out there but are still plenty solid. Biggest issue is cost, they just price these to the high end user. If you can justify the price to your shooting abilities, awesome choice.

I shot the Maxima Red's this year, and was very happy with the performance. I shot Victory VAP's for the last couple years, and got tired of broken shafts and bent outserts everytime an arrow hit the ground/animal. I'm not sure I noticed an accuracy difference with the Red's, but I am very far from an archery expert. They seem to be stiffer than the old Maxima's I used to shoot, and are very strong. I missed a couple antelope this year, and smoked a muley doe at 53 yards with no damaged shafts to speak of. I think you'll like them.

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 690
I can't see spending that kind of money if people are going to keep breaking your arrows...lol

John, I can assure you that he won't be shooting these. :D I still have some older ones he can use. My only target that I have here is an old "The Block". Those aren't very big targets and he had never shot before getting here. I put it in front of "HESCO barriers" (I'm quite sure you are familiar with those) as a backstop. Somehow he was able to hit the small wires on a regular basis. :mad: There were a lot more tips damaged than there were arrows.

MT Claka, thanks for the input.

hunt1up, it is very frustrating when companies (Especially US companies) won't ship stuff here. It makes no sense. When mail is sent to a Soldier overseas, it goes to and APO address. APO = Armed Forces Post Office. They only pay to ship it to an address in the states and the Military takes it from there with no further cost to the shipper or Soldier. The Bemans that I found would have cost me $45.00 just for shipping…...for no good reason. Bass Pro Shops did it for $15.00 shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back