Caribou Gear

camp pics

Nice pics. I realy like the one of your grandson holding the partrige. Keep him out there with you and you will have a hunting buddy for good.

So who got the bear anyway?

Also just let me know and we can set up a time and place for a coffee or somthing like that.

Rifle season there and no pics yet ? whats amater guys? I'm waiting til the weekend to go out for one last attemped at a deer. Then I guess the shot gun comes out after I get back from my trip, night all.

Rain

That right it is going to rain all weekend here and come sunday it is a mix of rain and snow :mad: Well I think I can tune my bow down and put it away for this year. Weather there any better guys? Ben where are you at and how does that moose taste ? I was out for the last couple hours last night and had a kid come threw again. But there was a nice deer track in my mock scrape. it seem to rain all the time here and it can bum you out. But the good news is it is friday and I have two more days left of work :D and one of those day is at the old work site. well enought babbling on time to get this day over with, later.

To give you an idea what it is like here. I am thinking of building an arc.

OK not that bad but every time I think about going out cause I have some time they predict rain and it does rain.

Last evening was an odd one, I worked till 5 left home to drive to my tree stand, put out apples and came back home. I did this all in an hour, because I had an appointment at 6:30. The funny thing is that in that hour that I was away, I saw 1 moose, 1 bear, 5 deer and 2 partridge. I take it that the animals are moving about right now, be it moon phase, weather conditions, etc. Anyway, it might be a good weekend to get out and about. Have a good weekend guys. DS

HEY GUYS,NO LUCK HERE YET,I DID SEE QUITE A FEW DEER SO FAR,DEER SEEM TO BE ON THE RISE DUE TO THE LAST FEW WINTERS,IT SURE IS GOOD TO SEE,HEY BRUCE AND DAVE,A TRUCK DRIVER AT WORK IS LOOKING FOR SOME DEER FOR ME OF THE TRANS CANADA,HE RUNS UP TO EDMUNSTON TWICE A WEEK,IM GOING TO GET HIM TO GET MILE MARKERS WHERE HE SEES THE MOST DEER,AND MAYBE GET AN AERIAL PHOTO OF THE AREAS,HE TOLD ME HE SEEN AN ALBINO BUCK ARROUND THE LINCOLN BIG STOP,IF YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTEDHE IS SEEING QUITE A FEW NICE BUCKS,ALL AT NIGHT OF COURSE,IF YOU GUYS WANT SOME GOOD AERIAL PHOTOS OF NEW BRUINSWICK GO TO THE SERVICE NEW BRUINSWICK SITE,LOOK FOR FREE AERIAL PHOTOS I DOWNLOAD THEM FOR FREE THEN PRINT THEM ON 8 X 10 THEY ARE GREAT,JUST ANOTHER TOOL,IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM TO FIND THE MAPS LET ME KNOW,TRENT YOU HAVE TO SHIP SOME OF THOSE DEER UP HERE,WELL TAKE CARE OF THEMhump GOOD LUCK GUYS BEN

Cub ( my son), My father and I went hunting up where Cub has been working. They have been seeing a few deer including a 8 and 10 pt. Well, Cub only has weekends off ( he works 5 days x 12hrs a week) so he was saying he would shoot anything with horns. Well guess what, see the atached photos, I been rubbin it in, like remarks about after birth still on it, or that he had to cut the umbilical cord after he shot it, etc., etc. Anyway, he prefers to shoot partridge anyhow. He has 18 so far. He will better me there but we have a bet on for the biggest deer, so there is less pressure now.
Big Ben, good idea on the inside info, any info on our area would be appreciated. DS

Attachments

• MVC-542S.JPG
    MVC-542S.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 108
  • MVC-541S.JPG
    MVC-541S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 107
  • MVC-540S.JPG
    MVC-540S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 110
Well :cool: good shot "Cub" and just remember it is not the size that counts it is the harrasing/joking/poking/ :D Just a minute I need to hold my side and try to keep my posture. ok ok all fun aside I bet that is going to be a great piece of meat. More then what others are going to get.Once again great gob on the rabbit "Cub"? wait now should I be calling the deer (CUB) ok ok you did good for a green horn. Just leave a piece at the camp and I will not bother you to :rolleyes: much when I come up. Well the wind is 40mph so i'm going to tune my bow down and put it away for this year. I need to go out and get my tree climber and since i'm not going to be out there for a couple weeks i'm going to trim alittle more today. I went to the NB site but I not found any aerial photo, I guess they are hiding on me. well got to play alittle then get rest of the packing done,later.

go to snb.ca click on english then go to land and property click on aerial photos, click on orthophoto bla bla bla,follow the free stuff then you will get to sectionof choices,bottomleft side click on the tif file,thats the only one i can open anyway,let me knowif you get it,

Hey Kevin. You can laugh at them when you are cutting your meat with a butter knife and they can't get through theirs with a chain saw. :D :p :D That is the type of deer I look for every year. I prefer the taste of the meat on a deer like that nice young one rather than the one that taste like shoe leather and has a big rack that I can't eat anyways.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: So don't let these guys get to you. :D

Congratulations.

ahhh va is here

Will my wait is over. I work my last day today and now it is time to enjoy my freedom. I'm not sure what time I'm heading up there. I can tell you I got a early xmas gift from the wife. It is a easy pass and I don't half to stop and pay each time :D This is going to be cool, well time to get all ready and get some sleep :rolleyes: Later guys and see you soon dave.

I hope you have a safe trip Trent and I hope we can hook up for a coffee while you are here.

I should add Dave my best nights for stuff like that are on Tuesday and Thursday all evening, Monday and Wednesday would have to later in the evening, Monday around 8 and Wednesday would have to wait untill after 9.

I'll try to give you a bit of notice Still. One of our group got a 4pt on Saturday. We are spending days scouting, looking for buck sign and some concentration of deer sign. I'll keep you updated. DS

Just got back in town tonight after my trip home to hunt on Saturday with my Dad. It went well but we did not see one thing but I did tire the 80 year old out. He would not admit it but we decided to head home and were home at around 3 and you could tell he was tired out. Here are a couple of pics of my dad checking out the clear cut.

100_3360.jpg

100_3361.jpg

I was just very glad he could still make it out with me.

Good to see you getting out with the father. I get my father out as well, hopefully my son will do the same with me. Talk to you later. Trent passed up on a doe the other night, give him another couple of days and that won't happen again. I have to work today and tomorrow then its back to hunting on Friday/Saturday. Talk to you later. DS

Trent back sorry we didn't get to hook up again still, I want to get out of the storm that was coming that friday so we left early and just out side of bangor it was over cast then in NH it was sunny til it went down. I tell you I was trying to focus as much as I could last night when I got here just to gather stuff for hunting today here. Well I miss a doe today cause I went for a head shot and just missed. But that won't happen again cause the head thingy is out the door. Today is opening of shot gun and I got a few weeks to gather some meat for the freezers. Well I should be out there hunting tonught but i'm whoooppppeedddd and in need for a power nap befor my bed time Laffs. Dave I left a full loaf of home made bread at the camp. Well I'm tire and going to drop for a few , later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back