camp pics

silent as a mouse

Whispers to all with out scaring the deer/moose. Where are youuuuu :D . Hi guys it's been a few days since anyone been in here. It being moose season and archery coming up around the corner I'm guessing we are all getting last thing done hump . Dave you go out for your course yet ? Bruce glad your arrow are flying true ;) I can not wait til that buck of a life time comes your way and you go to pull the string back for a shot. You think it was the first time you ever pull back a bow and it was set @ a 1000 pound pull. How you doing out there in moose land ben ? I bet those bean and all the snoring are bringing back memory that you sooner not have. Tomorrow it is turkey season here and i'm not sure if i'm going out yet. Weather calling for rain and since it is only the first day I'm not geting out of bed if it is pouring out side. Well right now it is nice out side so I think I will get modivate ( MORE COFFEE) and clean the truck, Try to find a good set of tire. Anyone herd of a tire call (Salon). Here is a couple pics I scan last night from my camera, have a good weekend guy. By the way how was the get together last weekend dave? Later.

Attachments

• turkey1.jpg
    turkey1.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 109
  • turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 109
Moose 06

HEY GUYS,IM BACK,WE DID GET OUR MOOSE,A 10 POIT BULL 3 1/2 YEAR OLD600 POUNDS,SHOULD BE GOOD MEAT,MY BUDDY GOT IT ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN,WE HAD TO CUT A TRAIL 500 YARDS UP TO GET TO HIM,BUT MY TRUSTY POLARIS GOT HIM OUT JUST FINEA LITTLE ROUGH TERRAIN AS YOU WILL SEE IN THE PICTURESTAKE CARE BOYS GOOD LUCK SHOOTING SOME ARROWS AT BIG BUCKS THIS WEEKhump

way to go ben and guys,I guess we know where to go for some steak come nov. My wife never had moose meat ever and I hope that someone back home has got one so she can try it for her self.By the way happy birthday Dave.I hope that your day went well. I didn't go out this morning cause of the high winds and rain here. So the turkey will have to wait til next weekend. I was out saturday seting up my safety harness and as I started to stand up in my stand to leave there in front of me in the big field was nine turkey. So I sat down and wait til they move on. I can not wait til vacation this nov to get away. well get some sleep bruce tonight and take your first deer tomorrow with a bow :) night all.

First off Nice going Ben. That moose looks very similar to the one we got last year and it was good eating. Enjoy it.

Yes I should be out but I got asked to wait untill later in the week to take time off so I agreed and I am glad I did. The tail end of Hurincane Ivan is going by off the coast and causing a very rainy day. I am taking Friday as well but I might get tommorow off to go and that looks like a great day.
I will keep you informed.:D

Well it is good to wait til a better day then go out and get wet and see nothing for no reason at all. Ok guy here is a site you all can go to and watch hunt/fishing full show at no cost. site is www.outdooraction.com Go to the archive and see turkey hunts deer fishing. try it out and let me know what you think. I'm typing this message and to the left i'm watching a texas deer hunt, later.

Congrats on the moose Big Ben! The color of antlers is perfect. Moose count was way up in our area. Not too many people that I know didn't get their moose. Everyday was good, not weather wise, but the moose were moving and calling. No real big bruisers, but mostly bulls were shot.
Trent, those turkeys in your photos sure look close to that blind we were in. Waitin to see your photo with a bird in hand.
I have attached some photos of the lodge we rented for the getaway. Dont ask about the golf game. I spent more time in the woods than when i'm hunting, ha.

Attachments

• MVC-443S.JPG
    MVC-443S.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 92
  • MVC-444S.JPG
    MVC-444S.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Golfing025.jpg
    Golfing025.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 94
  • Golfing037.jpg
    Golfing037.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Golfing045.jpg
    Golfing045.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 92
Hey guys, what do you think of these pics. They were taken up in the Plaster Rock area.

Attachments

• 100_0721.jpg
    100_0721.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_0722.jpg
    100_0722.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 89
One group took that many moose ? I need details in order to say what I think of it. Look like a slaughter and moose counts will be down next year in that zone.Or there one hell of a big family out there , then congrats to them all. My thoughts go either way til I new what the deal is,The weekend is getting close and i'm not sure what to do. I like to go out and take a turkey but I will not shoot if I see deer near by. Want to keep it for deer season,I got to choose either a 120lbs plus deer or a 10 to max 20lb turkey then there is no decision. Might go to the state land if it is not busy there, have a good one guys , later.

The moose hunt results were in the paper yesterday. Overall for the province, the kill was up 23%, but in the southern part here it was up 35%. Pretty large numbers especially since these were based on the kill, not how many licenses there were, because I think there was even fewer licenses drawn this year than last year. I have no problem with the trailer full of moose, as it looks like they are not 'native harvested' but legally hunted on our draw system. If a guy/girl has a tag then they are entitled to a moose.
Why don't you try the public ground for a turkey, Trent. Maybe you would find some good spots for a spring hunt. If its fine with you, I'm going to spend a nite (Friday) at your camp and do a bit of scouting on Saturday. I let you know how I make out. Have a good weekend guys. Happy Hunting.

Have at it dave that is what it is there for. you are welcome to stay there even if you are in the dog house :D . I use to walk up the road to the first cut and walk all the way in to the back of it and to the right and cross threw the wood and hit all three cuts til I hit the road that crosses the bridge to mud lake.I think i'm going to do that this year and kind of want to see if the old deer trail is being use.Well time to go and get some sleep and put one more day in at work. Week from this saturday archery season will be upon me and I'm looking forward to it. I got my film today as well and by the looks on the ground I'm going to get close up shots.Enought said, later guys.

Well how is the archery season going for you all, have any encounter with deer yet. Sign of any rub/scrape. Dave we will have to go for a walk from the camp and I will show you what deer sign look like. I tell you one thing about that road, I never seen hardly any tracks on the road.Well incase you guys for get what they look like I will give you a refresher and I threw in a turkey pic as well.

I think the deer here is the same one as on page 42 with out the velvet, what you guys think?

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 71
  • deer1.jpg
    deer1.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 71
I know it won't be long after the season opens that you will be showing us a photo of one of those deer 'and' you in the picture. You know what I mean.
Man what a long weekend weather wise. It was beautiful. Only saw one bird on Saturday, and gun misfired. On Monday I took my father for a hunt, and we got a couple of birds. We saw 5 birds and two deer and alot of pretty country. We didn't see any bears but there are lots around. Take care. DS

Nice to see that there are a few doe around bruce by reading you events. The buck signs are they close to the tree edge and is there any trails going into the woods? Seem like there should be since the deer been there all year and should have beaten down a trail some where. That is where you need to be is on those trails about 100 to 200 yards in. Bucks are coming out way after dark and you need to be in there waiting for them. With all the doe around and kids then there are bucks as well, they need to eat as well and they are waiting for the right time. Ever doe that snort's is telling the old and smarter boys to wait til later. I bet if there are fur's around you will find more buck signs. Won't be long and I be on my way out as well, But as always I'm betting the first couple days are going to be windy or raining crazy then hex like the last five years.Well keep up the search for a buck and he will slip up sooner or later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back