camp pics

Hello Guys, Half the salmon hit the bbq today, I froze the other half for later. Buddy had called from the Miramachi and said the fishing was steady so I left work at 3 to meet him at river. I was only there 30min before I hooked up. Cub and I got away for a bass fish to Oromocto Lake on Saturday. Fishing wasn't great but most fish were in the 12" to 14" range. Photos attached.

Attachments

• MVC-312S.JPG
    MVC-312S.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 70
  • MVC-306S.JPG
    MVC-306S.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 68
  • MVC-307S.JPG
    MVC-307S.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 70
  • MVC-310S.JPG
    MVC-310S.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 69
Ok you keep doing that dave and I will have to go out fishing again. Land a couple 5lber's or even a 7 lber and then learn how to fillet them.Getting hungry thinking of it. Did you and cub fish down to the lake from prides? Did you keep those fish? Oh by the way I went to the game cam and as I hit the blind we was in I notice movement and there was a turkey running away. Next thing I know another flew up in the air and following her barely was little ones that land back on the ground. I did go after then for a pic cause I did want the hen to go after me with those spur's. So I did what I had to do and turn around and leave again.

No Trent, we didn't keep the fish, just recreational fishing. We were at Oromocto Lake, doing some father/son bonding. Good to hear you have a brood stock of turkeys at your hunting local. Maybe we can thin them out next spring, LOL. I hear a fair amount of talk re: deer sightings and it seems like there is a fair amount of deer this year. It seems like alot of bucks are being seen as well. Guess we will find out in a few months. Cub was saying they are cutting a big block of wood up towards your camp. It is around the Tracy Brook Road area, I think. Cubs not very good giving directions, all the woodsworkers know the road numbers but not the names or places. Anyway, we will see later. Cub said he saw Lester in scouting it out already.
Hey Still, one of the guys that was at the camp with us got himself a bow, a Whitetail. He said it was similar to yours, now he is getting himself rigged up with arrows, release, etc. I'll dig mine out of hibernation and maybe we will drop up some evening to throw a few arrows. Talk to you guys later, DS

Evening guys , Seen five tom's tonight. Just right where we turn to walk into the talk spruce towards the blind. Further up the hill there was five turkeys and they head up the hill.I got the feeling that oct 1 opening turkey season I might be sitting in my tree stand and waiting to tag out. I'm looking forward for my trip home to relax and do some hunting in the middle of no where. I'm hoping to tag out on a couple deer in bow season befor my trip to take the pressure off. But most of all i'm ready for a vacation. bed time for me , later. Oh by the way good to see you are kev out doing things, I do know where tracy brook is as well, night all.

Looks like this weekend I am going to take it easy. ;) ;) :cool:
you know wash the car and truck, set up and tear down my tree stand so I know how to do it latter, shoot some arrows, scout a spot for the stand, stump shoot while looking for spot for stand, fletch some arrows and glue in some inserts, work on the back yard and play with the kids.:eek: :BLEEP: |oo :eek: Should be well rested after that.:rolleyes: :D

Have a good weekend all.

I think I need to dig the bow out as well, and work up my arms to get use to pulling back.Wife going to a baby shower and then to the daughters new appartment they got right next to the collenge. So I (knock on wood) have saturday to my self. I hear the rain coming down already *LOL*. Will see. I bought a dozen arrows this past weekend and need to break them and me in. Later and good luck with the so call rest bruce.

I Don't get it ?

Evening guys, how is the weekend going for you all? My weekend ok I guess, the wife is out with two of the girls. I'm here relaxing after coming from the daugther place. Look at the last pic of the last deer that the deer cam took.The tree just in front to the right of the deer is where the cam is set up now and I put it there on august 14th and I only got two pics. I don't get it since I set it there facing to the left of that deer on the trail and i'm not getting any pics. A few things go threw my head, battery are getting low or the deer are using the higher trail more now then what they been using befor. Someone been going threw there and scaring them off. I'm lost for word on this one. giving that last pic and the way the most of the deer been traveling I would of thought that I have more oics , anyone want to put in there thoughts on this? later.

Good morning all and yes some were in all that work I did get some rest as well. I got a lot accomplished and had fun. Fired my carbons for the first time and on about the 5th shot broke one.:BLEEP: :BLEEP: :BLEEP: |oo |oo |oo :mad: :mad:

Found I could still cut it to 29 inches as I tried shooting them full length and then I was OK.:rolleyes: :D

Hey guys, I am looking for a bit of info here. What length arrow do I buy? ie. If my bow is 29" draw do I get a 30" arrow?? What does a carbon arrow cost? I was looking at them in Moncton ( Walmart) and they were $9 and higher, is that norm? How about a brand name and type of release? I guess talking to most, that the trigger release that wraps around wrist is the easiest
and most convenient.

Mooseheadred I actualy have an extra release like you talk about. I purchased one that I could adjust to my small hand but if you would like to have my old one to use you are more than welcome to it. this will give you a chance to see if that is the way you want to go.
Carbons are very expensive here and if you are going to the US soon to visit Trent get them then. If not the internet has all kind of them at better prices than here.
your question of length is personal preference but from my minimal experience I would say you are right on the nose going with a 29" but make sure you get the right spline carbon for your bow. some companies rate them as 500's which is for a bow range of 4o to 60 and then other companies rate the same style arrow as a 200 or a 4560. Watch that very close and ask all kinds of questions.

call me if you want the release and I can bring it to work so that if you are in town you can pick it up.

Get me the brand/number/design of carbon dave and I will price it here for you ok. Release are around $9 and up. I got one three years ago for $9 and I still use the same one. I got a hand release as well. Like bruce said get opions and go with your instinks and then let me know here for I will price what ever you need to know. Want a climber as well then let me know befor i'm on the road in november. Be honest with you I got aluminum arrows cause they are cheep and work just as good. At least if I miss a target while practicing I'm out alittle over $3. And I will be watching for the sale and get them even cheeper after the season ends. I got some extra pics on the cam since I move it sunday, was out there last night and check it out. I need new battery as well. Well I had salmon given to me and I need to get the bbq ready. Interest in going out for a couple hours fishing on a charter for $100 per person and catch 38 lbers and bigger , limit 3 per person let me know dave and I will set it up for this spring in the afternoon if it is open then. later guys.Ben where you hiding @?

Thanks for the replies guys. Still, I'll take you up on the offer of the release. I will borrow it to try to see if it is what I would like, but I will return it so you can have the spare or help someone else out. I will be in some evening soon, to practice with you. I think for now I will stick with the alum arrows that I have, but definetly if I try carbon and it gives me a lot better trajectory, then thats what I will switch to. Thanks for the offer to price up the arrows and release Trent, but I'll try Still's release and use the arrows I have for now. I'll know more by next spring when I am down your way and I'll pick some up there. I'll pass on the climber as well, maybe in the future. I like to sleep too much and the site of me dangling out of a tree, screaming for help is a sight I would like to keep you not having. I know you would never stop reminding me of it. Damn straight on the fishing though. Turkey in the AM and Fishing in the PM, now that is a vacation!! Take care guys, and hey, where is Ben??? No internet in the garage yet, ha.

HEY GUYS,SORRY I HAVENT BEEN IN TOUCH LATELY,YEP,YOU GOT IT ,GARAGE AGAIN,I HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO TAKE CARE OF,I PREFER TO CATCH UP NOW SO I CAN HUNT COME FALLhump I WILL TRY TO SHOW YOU PICTURES OF MY GARAGE[SINCE IM NOT IN DEER HEVEN LIKE TRENT:p ]SO DAVE,GETTING READY FOR BOW SEASON I TAKE IT?I CANT WAIT,I NEED PRACTICE THOUGH,BRUCE IS WAY AHEAD ON ME WITH PRACTICE,PROBABLY BEEN SHOOTIN ALL SUMMER:cool: ANY PLANS FOR THE LONG WEEKEND?MY BROTHER IN LAW AND HIS WIFE ARE COMING OVER,SO I HAVE TO STAY AROUND,NEXT WEEKEND WE GO UP TO SET THE STANDS FOR MOOSE,I WILL TRY TO GET SOME PICTURES FOR YOU GUYS,TAKE CARE BOYS;)

Going to be busy for the next two weeks. tues, wed, thurs, mond, tues, wed, and thurs, next week I will be in class with my Daughter getting her firearms course as well as the hunter safety course for her to hunt next year. she is only 13 this year and staying out untill 10 and getting home at 10:30 is going to be hard on her but she is realy wants to do this.

so Ben that puts a hold on practice for me but if you are up this way on the weekend I am going to try to shoot all three days. Give me a shout.

morning guys

I see we all got thing to do for this coming hunting season. And house chores to get done as well.I hope that you all have a great year and get meat into the freezer.I took a inventory of what we had left for meat from last years three deer and we got 7 steaks and 3 burgers left. Well I took the bow out saturday and fire twice and that was enought. After the second round I broke one arrow tip from grouping to close so I was happy with the out come. If you guys got a video camera you got to place it to record your shooting from face on getting you and the target in the video. It is cooler then chit and you can see the arrow flite as well. Here is a couple of pics from my saturday shoot. Later guys and have a good week.

Here is the pics, one pic is with the camera sitting on a paint can off to the side as I still the video and took a pic. The other one is in my hand.

Attachments

• pics 001.jpg
    pics 001.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 115
  • pics 002.jpg
    pics 002.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 119
Back