camp pics

He is headed back soon (Wed nite). He is busy building a stand for next year. Something he can stay out of the weather in. Photos later. My son got a 6 Pt. (170 lbs)out of my stand again this year. I better get something bigger or else I am going to listen to him bragging for another year, LOL.

One trick I have learned is to know what evenings he is there and for me to never answer the telephone or cell those evenings because that could lead me to have to go there and help him drag the deer out, LOL. This worked great because Sunday evening when he got the deer it was miserable weather, rain and wind. He couldn't reach me so he called a couple of his friends to help him. They drug it out, gutted it, brought it to my place to hang up, skinned it, cleaned it up and it is hanging in my garage. Ha, I hope he doesn't catch on to my ploy any time soon. Tenderloins anyone, LOL.

Let me know when they are ready. LOL

Also I should mention this on here as well.

Just in case someone on here other than hopesman and I and they didn't know I will post this anouncement.
We are in fact having a Wild Game Dinner at our church in the gym.

First Weslyen Church on Duncan Lane
Date : Saturday Nov. 29, 2008
Time : 6:00pm
Cost : NOTHING, Free, nota, no cost
Speaker : Rod Cumberland Deer Biologist for New Brunswick

We hope to have a few displays set up and our own Archery group is hoping to have one of our members looking after our area and hopefuly he will be showing how to make a flemish twist string for your longbows and recurves.

All are welcome so come join us.

If you need directions let me know and I will get it posted or even sent to you direct if you would like.

Ok I just recieved some more information on what the talk will all be about.

It will be about an hour long and will cover this issues as well as touch on a couple of others.

1. Patterning whitetails
2. Buck Breeding behaviour
3. Deer Vision
4. Hunter's moon - does it influence the rut?
5. Peak rut in NB
6. When do hunters shoot most mature bucks?

Information comes from biological data collected from across NB, over the past 10 years, and summarized by a hunter/biologist.

Hope this help some make up there minds about comming. This is our first attempt at this and we hope to do more in the coming years. I expect a few trouble spots but hopefuly nothing major.

We did in fact shoot last night but things are still slow and to tell you the truth I really don't expect them to pick up until January when life starts to settle in for the long winter and there is nothing else for a hunter to do but practice at the indoor range.
With five of us there we still had a great evening of popping balloons, target shooting, and just having some fun. most of us played with both the trad equipment and compounds. We had a good evening inspite of the low numbers and right now I need that release of stress.

I did do some work on my bow last evening as first I put my new G force lighted Firenocks on my ST arrows. They shut off after 12 to 18 seconds. I then proceeded to take BT's (screen name for him on Archersedge.net) advice and changed my nock point on the bow. I new I would not be hunting with it anymore this year so it was time to play a bit. I am only shooting out to 20 yards so I won't see the true affect until I start to shoot broad heads again next summer but I did it anyway. Once I moved it down I found I was shooting about 8 inches high. So I started to move the sight up to get her back on target. After only two moves I was shooting very well again and it seems to working. we will have to take a day and shoot out doors and stretch it out to 40 yards to what will happen.
Anyway that is about all I have to report for this week.

Morning all i'm at the house. And slept in a hole two hours. going to make this short. Deer season start last saturday for gun so I'm out of here when i'm ready. plus all the snow we were looking for was here. it was cover when I got home and it snow last night and is snowing now. I'll take a pic, but for now i'm going to get ready to do something. Got the film last night and there are a few bucks on it as well in which I will post some pics later.

Well lets have it. How did you guys do the last few days? By the way welcome Sassy_Girl. Dave can you check and see if I left my bit on your drill. If so can you tell me what size it is so I can pick up another one. My wife got a spike saturday night. I was up in the stand that morning and had a doe and two kids behind me in someone else property. So I watch her leave and figure next time. The deer switch to night time allready, But with all the snow here people are busting them out of there hiding spots. Well not to much going on other then snow here and work tomorrow. Have a great evening and here is her deer that we gave to the daughter.
b18674a9.jpg

ok I got my film back from my cuddeback. So here are a few pics from it. Guess this is rare to see. After this the film camera going on the shelf. I guess I could use it in places that i'm not sure it would be safe or not. anyways here they are in no order at all.
44a8737f.jpg

885de616.jpg

b4ee8dd7.jpg

here is the one I never got a chance at back in Canada, Next year.
7476c6ef.jpg

This bear was right there when I was checking the pics on camera. I look at the time it was taken and he went threw there acouple mintues befor I got there.
f8efa858.jpg

by the way,The deer my wife shot pass threw the camera just as she shot. And I thought I had a few pics threw the night as well. But I notice after it took a pic of me that the camera was set to high and I missed out on all the pic. last few pics from Camada. have a great day guys.
f1cfafd2.jpg

1b1dd215.jpg

50c3d7b6.jpg

3441647c.jpg

7aa53578.jpg

Those pic are blurrie from all the rain we got and the lense got alittle wet. NEVER seen so much rain in my whole life time of hunting. Notice the water on the ground in the last pic. I was saying I thought soon I was going to get bass/pike pics from all the water rising. By the way that last pic after zooming in is a spike, probly the same one. Later all.

Hi Trent, nice pics. The bit is 3/8. I didn't do much hunting after you left. I sat in my stand Sat pm for a couple hrs in the wind and snow. I hadn't put apples out for a week so the deer weren't showing.
I had heard of a deer that was shot up in Rooth that had brow tines as long as its other points. Does this sound familiar ( re last years trail cam pic)? The shooter was someone I know so I will check with him on where and when. As well i will try to get a pic of rack. Maybe it was just part of the gene pool.
Good luck hunting.

We did shoot again last night and had small numbers again but I am hearing from people that are saying oh don't worry I will be back. So we Trude on. The good thing about small numbers I got a chance to do a little fine tuning on the bow and found that I needed to tune the rest a bit. I got the arrows hitting in a vertical line at ten and twenty yards and then had to move the sight just a bit to hit center with that group. In the end the bow was shooting good but I tired and had to put it away. not big numbers also means lots of arrows shot in a night. Very tiring.

Our wild game dinner goes this weekend and I hope to have some photos for you (especially for Justtracey at wild extremes). I think it will be very informative and only wish I could be there. Alas the kids need me too so I am happily going to watch the production put on by our high school and see my daughter in the show. I will then help take things down after the show and take my daughter home after the cast party.. should be around 3 am before we are home. Can you guess what I will be doing on Sunday.

I can't wait to out with the recurve and try my learned skills on a bunny so I will keep you posted on that one.
Anyway that is the report for Tuesday November 25 shoot.

Morning guys and good luck on the groupe returning back. I came in for thanksgiving. But not befor taking this nice doe around 8:30am
There was turkey everywhere and I got acouple video as well. They take longer so later this long weekend I will get some vids going. Time to get a few things pack for tonight.

3530dcf6.jpg

Yeah she is very plum. And here is where the lead ended up after a complete pass threw.
4e1363b0.jpg

Allso a doe that is out there waiting for me this weekend I hope.
c69b096d.jpg

I have the camera set for 30sec and right behind her was the kid.
0e011699.jpg

Back