Caribou Gear

CA archery buck down

After passing several decent bucks in the past few weeks I arrowed a good 3x3. He was 22 1/2 wide and almost 19 tall. I have been after another 3x3 that this buck would have fit inside easily but he has gone nocternal. I did bump him up once during the day but the brush was so thick I never found him again. I helped fence 650 acres this spring and in return I can hunt the ranch with my bow. There are several good bucks I have seen at night or early morning, before light. Rifle season starts Sept. 18th and I am hoping when the shooting begins it will push more bucks in my area. Here are a few pics, o ya, Keith Stone was my spotter on this trip! ;)

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 414
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 392
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 392
Congrats! Nice buck.

Thanks for sharing the story and pics!

Nice buck

Hey there,Jason,,,, good to see some nice pics,, what zone were you hunting? ,any new mules around ?? We're headed for X12 next week with our mules,,,got three tags to fill!!!!

Hey there,Jason,,,, good to see some nice pics,, what zone were you hunting? ,any new mules around ?? We're headed for X12 next week with our mules,,,got three tags to fill!!!!

We had a new mule born in April but I sold her last Sunday. Got $2000 out of her and she is going to a ranch home. They saw me rope on my mule and they wanted a good roping prospect. I bred 2 other mares for mules and 4 mares to the roan stud, all for 2011 babies. How is your baby doing?

We were hunting D6. The 650 acres I am hunting has been vacant for about 10 years and the under-brush is really bad. There are some good bucks in there, saw one that was pushing the 28 inch mark. It is just tough hunting with a bow. I may get to use a rifle but not holding my breath. You should see some good bucks in X12 if you pack back in. I know there are some good ones on the park boundry if you go that way. Good luck!!

Great buck. looks like you now have yourself a real record book honey hole to hunt each year.. Congrats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuckyDraw
Back