Burning River Ultramarathon

Muleyfanatic

Finished my first ultra yesterday!Feeling surprisingly good too. I ran the 50 mile race. The course had a fair amount of elevation change. The race (Burning River 50 and 100 mile endurance race) was held mostly in Cuyahoga Valley National park.
Hope everyone's training is going well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 174
  • image.png
    image.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 211
Well done! Congratulations!

I find trail ultras much more relaxing and nicer to your body than anything on the road. Recover well!

Nice work!! I concur, there is something zen-like with trail running/racing vs roads. I'm toying with running a 50m next year but my training throughout the winter and my ability to forego injury determine that.

Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment. Miles 44-49 really suck, don't they?

Kudos on a monster accomplishment! I'm lucky to make it around the block before I decide I should just walk...

Impressive, very...looks like you could use some mudflaps. Those numbers make my knees hurt.

Wow impressive. It makes the first 5k I am going to run tomorrow look pretty small. I am not a runner I hope I can run the entire thing without walking. LOL.

Thanks guys!
Run couldn't of went better only thing I would change is that I would of worn running gaiters. I will be doing more of these and hopefully a 100 miler as I enjoy them. They definetly are not for everyone and you don't have to be able to run to kill elk! I do think that I am able to enjoy the style of hunting I do a little more because I am not taxed as much as if I didn't exercise.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back