Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bull of a Lifetime!!!

thecrittergitter

Well, when we packed our gear and headed out of Bozeman, we joked about heading way into the high country and smoking a 350+ bull. Apparently it wasn't as big of a joke as we made it out to be:) After only 4 days, my great friend Zach ended up getting a shot and killing what could likely be the best bull either of us will ever get to kill. Spent 2 days hunting lower on the mountain and the last two in the bivy sack up at timberline with a little snow and a little rain. We had some real close calls with some great bulls prior to seeing this guy but it seemed that as soon as we closed within 60-70 yards of them, their sixth sense would kick in and prevent us from getting a shot.

I can't begin to tell you how happy I was to be there with Zach when he shot this bull of a lifetime. The mass is unreal on this guy and with 8" broken off one brow tine, and only a 36" inside spread, his bull still stretched the tape right at 370". It did become a little interesting packing this bugger out as we dropped well over 1,200 vertical feet in the first half mile:) Hell, made the next 4 miles not seem so bad:) Course with a bull like that, I would have done it 10x over again:)

Now, off tomorrow for another 5 days, got to go get an arrow into a big ol Montana Bull for myself...(going solo so Zach is going to get out of packing mine out:))LOL..................

Good luck to all!

crittergitter

Attachments

• Zach Elk 1-1 .JPG
    Zach Elk 1-1 .JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 606
  • Zach Elk 4-1.JPG
    Zach Elk 4-1.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 602
  • Pack Zach-1.JPG
    Pack Zach-1.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 597
  • Steep Pack Out-1.JPG
    Steep Pack Out-1.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 606
All I can say is "Wow, what a bull !". Although I do not envy the packing out part. Hunts like that is what we dream about.
Congrats and good luck on your hunt!

Holy moly, that's a great bull!! Big congrats to you and Zach! Glad you guys had all the fun shown in that last picture... ;)

That's a monster.....amazing mass. Best of luck on your hunt. Hope you get a bigger one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back