MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bull elk

22bears

Hi I am hunting area 072, 073, and 074 now for a bull tag. No horses anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah look at all the posts that everyone has been posting about this zone on here and other sites. I will be up there on the 9th of November. When is your hunt?

So you are on the early hunt, well you shouldn't have a hard time finding elk in the zone. You should spend most your time in 072, hunt high and get away from the roads. There are roads everywhere. Stay behind the glass. Good luck. Would give you some more info if I wasn't trying to get a buddy a bull in a week or so.

Sun Creek, Camp Creek and Mary's River Basin in 072. I hunted the rut with my muzzy and was unsuccessful, but the elk were everywhere. I heard that the bulls like to be alone in T Creek before and after the rut. Might be worth trying out but that's also where all of the other hunters like to go. No matter what, it's going to be very hard work getting a bull out of there. Good luck!!

Thank you all, we did go over to Mary's river but that place is a city. We are near Elk mountain now.

Elk mountain is much easier country with a little less people. White elephant had two monsters taken out of it last year. Make sure to check the west side of Elk Mountain. Especially Caudle Creek, Cherry Creek and Flat Creek.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back