Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Building own arrows

Terry aka Coydog

I want to start building and repairing my own arrows. Considering the cost, especialy of the carbons I like, it would save money but also I think would be fun. Anyone have any suggestions or books available on how-to? Any help much appreciated. :cool:

Terry, buy yourself a bitzenberger fletching jig and your all set! really not difficult at all if you have the right tools! (how many times ya heard that one!) anyway with component sytems available today arrow making has become much easier! the biggest thing with production arrows is inconsistency from one shaft to the next! most people go into a pro shop and buy what they can find locally, most pro shops buy there arrows in bulk pieces and assemble them in there store.The premade-up arrows are no better than whoever assembled them for the shop owners and hopefully they would do the job as if they were their arrows?!?!? hmmmmm makes ya wonder huh!

the other cool thing is you can customize your arrows to your personal taste, my buddy does a custom crest on his and theres no mistaken his arrows!! good luck and have fun!!!

terry i dont know anyone locally assembling carbons but i can find out what your in for! and if there any little secrets or quirks to them! ill let ya know!

[ April 02, 2001: Message edited by: DKO ]

DKO, thanks for the info. I'm going to give it a shot. The local pro shop guy customizes mine but he is spendy. Have a good one. :cool:

Terry, check-out the report i posted on carbons, pretty interesting ??? i never thought there would be that much difference in raw material!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back