PEAX Equipment

Browning X-Bolt 7mm rem mag owners

NONE. couldn't get it to shoot anything so got rid of it. Spent hundreds of $ and time reloading trying to get it to shoot.

My experience with one has been that they are like most & not too finiky.
RL23 with Nosler 150gr ABLR, Hornady 162gr ELDX, and 168gr Berger VLD all shot well out to 600 yards.
He didn't have enough elevation for 1,000 yards, and with the duplex reticle was just throwing shots.

My 7 mag is a Winchester not a Browning. My experiences may not help you but this is what my gun shoots the best in factory ammo. 140 and 160 Accubonds. 150 gr Scirocco.

Now that I have to shoot nontoxic ammo my gun likes the Trophy Copper in 140 grain.

My son's 7 mag prefers Barnes. Good luck.

As mentioned above, every barrel ever made likes different loads.

I will say though, I’ve seen quite a few different guns really like the Hornady Precision Hunter stuff.

For those shooting an X-Bolt in 7mm rem mag, what loads has it liked so far for factory or handloads?
I have the X Bolt in 7mm and use factory ammo at this time. I shoot either the Barnes VOR-TX 150gr(which shoots really well) or the Federal Fusion 150gr. That may be a good starting point. But as others have said yours may like something different.

My X Bolt liked the factory Barnes 140 gr VOR-TX and it also liked our hand-loaded 139 gr Barnes LRX with RL 23. I'm currently working up a load with 131 gr Hammer Hunters and RL 23.

Being in California I have to hunt in the state with non-lead. I purchased a X-Bolt Pro last year and shot Nosler 150 e-tip thru it so I could just shoot it. That load shot great, so I used it to shoot a cow elk in Wyoming and a mule deer buck in Colorado. I was planning on testing out some reloads for this year, but have run out of time. Spent a couple hours at the range on Sunday and will use the same factory 150 e-tip in Nevada, Colorado and California this year.

X2 on the Berger VLD, but federal 155-155 seems to be the best factory loads. Browning actually accuracy tested mine with 4 different factory loads. I’ll try to get a picture of the target later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back