Brown Ducks

That’s crazy, I didn’t know AK didn’t have the same pintail limit as the rest of the pac flyaway.

Nice shoot anyhow, I see a couple orange footed ones in the back..

I shoot lots of brown ducks out of the stubble fields too. Don’t start to get some nicer colour until early October usually

Have you thought about waiting until January? hahaha Montana snob.
49392395411_44c2b8057b_k.jpg

Waterfowl season opens on Sept. 1 in interior Alaska.
The daily bag limit for ducks is 10, possession limit is 30.
They are "brown ducks" typically we do not see green heads on drake mallards towards the end of the month.

These are pintails:

Are there any restrictions on Pintails or can you get 10 a day? Are you able to pick out the drakes? Nice looking dog....looks like a fun day.

No restriction on pintails...so 10 a day bag limit.
The only duck species there is a restriction on is canvasback----1 or 2 per day bag limit, depending on the year.

Have you thought about waiting until January? hahaha Montana snob.
49392395411_44c2b8057b_k.jpg
I spent a year in Missoula and really enjoyed late season pheasant/mallards....as the roosters got more difficult, mallards got easier.
I shot a banded drake in January and thought he would be from far away...turned out to be banded 5 miles away the previous year.

All our ducks in Northern Wisconsin are still mottled when the season ends. The wood ducks look nice but anything else generally looks the same regardless of species.

Back