Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Foil wrap

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Foil boat

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I'm from the east coast and boil my briskets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I did a couple this way after watching some Goldie videos, came out good except the bottom overcooked some on my grill. I really liked the simplicity
Those kids are fun to watch. We do have a water pan in ours (Weber Summit Charcoal).

Heavy salt and pepper, smoker on 215, paper wrap after the stall, give it a good shot of broth and tallow before wrapping. Pull it at 202, let ‘er rest in a cooler, slice it up and down the hatch.

I like to smoke mine really low and slow, and then I finish in foil with a little apple cider. Probably not up to code, but I get the nice bark from cooking it lower and longer, but still stays pretty juicy

Definitely don't ever cook fat side down. Done 5 of them now, 4 were perfect, 1 was shit. and it was the one I stupidly set on grill fat side down

Favorite way to smoke a brisket? Pastirma, no, not a typo for pastrami. Suho meso if you want to google. Will run up some sujuk at the same time (again, google).No, this is not even close to that garbage borglong or whatever it's called.

One of our black angus, butchered all up of course. Salt and garlic cure, old school, not pink salt. Aged. Smoked, aged, got a little antsy and went from freezer to plate on one, where as I should've had patience to freezer-fridge-plate.

Some I'll dry out longer, smoke longer, depends what my needs and supply dictates, some I'll keep on the softer side.

(Photos on hand of last year's set, not cool enough temps to start this year's run-up)

(The whiskeys my homemade batch, well, technically George Washington's recipe, but modern day ingredients)

SmartSelect_20231003_210523_Photos.jpg
SmartSelect_20231003_205711_Photos.jpgSmartSelect_20231003_205751_Photos.jpgSmartSelect_20231003_205805_Photos.jpgSmartSelect_20231003_205820_Photos.jpgSmartSelect_20231003_205845_Photos.jpg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back