Bow Sights

L. I. Yankee

A buddy of mine changed his sight this year and dropped down to a .010 sight pin.I like the smaller size but dont know enough about them to make the change. I like the fact I can hold on a small target at longer distances but not sure how it will work in low light . Any insight is appreciated.....:cool:

Go to Black Gold custom shop, you can make your top pin .019 and the rest .010 or as many that way as you want. I have my first two as .019 and the next 3 as .010 on my ascent sight from them.
You don't get as much pin covering your target at long range.

From the perspective of low light, having a combination of pins you can ensure you have a bright enough pin for the closer range shots you are likely to make during low light, and the smaller pins for longer ranges. You can even put a .029 pin for your 10/20 yd pin and get more light through it. I have been very impressed with my Black Gold in low light. I used to use a light for the end of the night on stand, but not anymore. I can still see my pins well after I should be taking any shots. The other nice thing about the ascent head is you can have less pins and then adjust the wheel for longer distances keeping the view less cluttered and allowing infinite adjustment. I have a 10/20, 30, 40 pins and then have settings for 50, 55, 60, 65, 70. I like to add small marks for 5 yd increments once I get beyond 50. The other thing I have found with low light pins is that for me the red colored pin is the first one to start washing out at lower light, so I have a green pin for my .019 10/20. This last part just might be for my eyes, but it might be worth looking at.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input.......e-mailed black gold and designed a sight....just waiting for the damage report.....:cool:

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back