Bow for a 9 yr. old girl?

Spitz

My daughter is interested in archery and it's something I think she would enjoy spending some time at. Not knowing how much she'd enjoy it I'm reluctant to spend $375 for the Bowtech Diamond at out local shop. She's tall and thin and isn't too strong (pretty much a mirror image of me, poor thing). :D.

Wondering if anybody had some ideas or been in this situation before.

I know Dink's bow would probably work for her but he isn't looking to sell right now. . .

Mathews Genesis. Great bow that kids from 5th grade to 12th grade use here for NASP program. No set draw length, adjustable lightweight draw weight, and they come in PINK, among many other colors. My daughters shoot them, as do 150 other kids in town.

Another vote for the Genesis. Tyler had the mini Genesis, but he was younger with it. I think you can skip the Diamond and jump right into a solid compound after she outgrows the Genesis. If I remember they are fairly reasonable.

The genesis is a simple setup, but for the same price range you can get say a diamond atomic. Perhaps even cheaper for a used one. But perhaps simplicity wins out with the genesis. Even I have fun shooting them.

Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't aware of the Genesis and the info I'm finding has got me going in that direction. I think the simplicity of it is an added bonus for a new shooter.

I have an Alpine little Guff in pink. The whole set up even a pink camo soft bow case. My daughter used it two winters ago to take lessons with other kids for about 10 saturdays. Thats all it has been shot. She started swimming last winter and most of the meets are on Saturdays. She has not picked it up since the lessons. It's very adjustable. She wants to attend swim camp this summer so selling the bow will help with that . If you are interested let me know. I'm thinking around $150.

I like the Genesis for events and any time that multiple kids will shoot the same bow, but I don't like it for a "personal" bow. If it is only going to be used by one shooter, the variable draw length is more of a problem than anything. Having a set draw length with a hard stop will greatly improve consistency.
I bought my son a Bear Apprentice when he was 9 and it is still working for him 4 years later. The draw weight ranges from 15 to 60lbs, which means I won't need an upgrade before he can start hunting.

I like the Genesis for events and any time that multiple kids will shoot the same bow, but I don't like it for a "personal" bow. If it is only going to be used by one shooter, the variable draw length is more of a problem than anything. Having a set draw length with a hard stop will greatly improve consistency.
I bought my son a Bear Apprentice when he was 9 and it is still working for him 4 years later. The draw weight ranges from 15 to 60lbs, which means I won't need an upgrade before he can start hunting.
I'd go with the genesis for her....my son has the bear as well and he will be able to hunt with that bow.....:cool:

Does she want a compound or something more Catniss like?
74fe2e3b1d.jpg

my vote would be to look for a used diamond razor... ifyou dont want to drop the $$ on the edge or the mission craze...

Both the bows are flat out amazing. I had a 9 yr old boy shooting one the other day, then my 12 yr old daughter at different specs... then myself. Id take it hunting in a minute...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back