Yeti GOBOX Collection

Books on Trapping - Recommendations

Nameless Range

I recently took Montana's Trappers Education Course. It is online, and requires one field day. I have yet to take the field day, and it is unclear to me when one will be available, but in the meantime I figured I would expand my knowledge and daydreaming-fuel with books about trapping.

I have quite a few historical books on trapping and trappers - some of which are my favorites - but I am more interested in educational material on trapping, be it species-specific or not.

Anyone have any recommendations?

What are you wanting to trap I could probably help you out. Now a guy could probably learn almost everything from the internet and you tube

What are you wanting to trap I could probably help you out. Now a guy could probably learn almost everything from the internet and you tube

Honestly, I don't have specific goals. I know so little about trapping and have never done it. I am looking to expand my knowledge as an outdoorsman and have another thing to do with my kids. I do hope to pursue muskrats and bobcat, because I have places in mind I would like to try for those.

You are right about the internet and youtube, and I will lean on those. I do have an affinity for books, though.

Honestly, I don't have specific goals. I know so little about trapping and have never done it. I am looking to expand my knowledge as an outdoorsman and have another thing to do with my kids. I do hope to pursue muskrats and bobcat, because I have places in mind I would like to try for those.

You are right about the internet and youtube, and I will lean on those. I do have an affinity for books, though.
Muskrats are easy to trap. Few different ways you can do it depending on the habitat they are in. Bobcats sorry I have no experience with them

I say this with regret but you’re probably better off watching YouTube videos to learn about trapping.

Trappers aren’t a literary group.

If you are ever around missoula, I could show you how to set a trap, make a dirthole set and a flat set. I havnt done much trapping in water. I would guess they showed you the basics in trappers ed though.

I've made lots of fenceline snares for coyotes too if your in to that sort of thing

Back