Book recommendations

CaptainCarl

So my nephew is fascinated with wolves. He is 11. I really want to get him into understanding the wolf reintroduction and the way it is now in the northwest. Does anyone have any good book recommendations for this. Everything I have found so far seems really biased and paints most hunters as wolf haters and we are terrible blah blah blah. I want him to become excited about conservation and the balance of man and nature that has to take place. I don't want to poison his mind so he thinks his uncle is and evil person that kills the most precious animal in existence( not my words, others). Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Good question. I wish I had an answer for you. I think many books will either be heavy on the social/psychological sciences (emotionally charged) or biological sciences (pretty dry for an 11 year old). If you find something good, I'd like to read it so let us know. You might try a Yellowstone National Park book store selection. They probably have it on-line and they probably have some for all ages. Even those will probably have a bent.

My inclination would be to try for old stories about wolves from Indians of the area. Might be less science, more entertainment, and still have some life lessons. I've read some pretty good things about coyote. Good luck.

Thanks Nick. After reading the kindle version I found this in print and ordered it for him. I really appreciate the info.

Thanks for the advice James. I read and then bought him the book that Nick suggested. We will see where he is after that. I'll keep searching and take your recommendation into account as well. Take care.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back