Boise River Bucks

BillyGoat

I was kayaking the river early Sunday morning and came around a corner to find these guys at the water's edge. I've seen deer before paddling these stretches, but never a buck this big. His buddy is looking a little freakish.

muledeer01.jpg

muledeer02.jpg

muledeer03.jpg

That is a nice Idaho buck. Biggest Idaho buck I've ever seen was right out town off of Beacon Light Road near Dry Creek...he was every bit as big as this guy.

That is a really pretty deer. Cool lighting for the pictures too.
Looks like he's up there in years.

Is he in town or in a huntable area?
Downstream of Eagle Island... all private land. I think I possibly may have walked slightly beyond the "high water mark" to get photos. Ooops. ;)

Great buck, and the little one is cool just for freakyness.

Oak, as for the habitat, skeleton weed seems to be the dominant understory species in much of the Boise valley.

Is skeleton weed another name for knapweed or is that not knapweed?

Great Pictures! Thanks for sharing!

That bigger one would only look better if my bow tag was around one of his antlers!

WOW those are some great pics thanks for posting !! Im headed down to the river tomorrow to put out a few camera along the Boise. The property that Im going to be hunting is said to hold 2 bucks over 30 but we will have to wait and see. You just made me feel alot better about buying an extra deer tag

Randy,

Skeleton weed and knapweed are not the same thing, both suck however. I haven't seen much skeleton weed in the missoula area, but I'm sure it will be there too soon.

Billy,
I saw those 2 cross Chinden 2 weeks ago right at Foxtail Golf Course. They stood around and allowed several passers by to gauk.
WD

Now there's a reason to learn to play golf.......nice pics BG, wherever they're from.

Randy,

Skeleton weed and knapweed are not the same thing, both suck however. I haven't seen much skeleton weed in the missoula area, but I'm sure it will be there too soon.

Gotcha, look pretty similar from those pictures to a layman.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back