Black Gold sight interview

Bummer, you should have put that up 2 weeks ago when I was sick of the Spot Hogg and ordered a Truglo.

I bought a Black Gold Rush last spring when they first came out. It is great but in a blind it got a bit tough to see in low light. I ordered up the new "Blind Man" light attachment from them and my combination is perfect! I love that sight and plan on switching out my sons to Blacks Gold this winter.

Curious as to what made you give up on the Spot Hogg?

1. It doesn't have a wrap and I think putting one on is $$$
2. I am tired of fixing the fiber optics, they seem to break everyother day, my long range pins haven't had fiber opticss in them for a year now
3. With the above problems, I cannot hardly even see the pins, our archery club shoots indoors and I cannot see the pins in the lighting.
4. Of the last 4 critters I shot at I missed 3 of them(placing blame on the sight:D)
5. I'm a spaz and do not need 7 pins on my bow confusing me
6. This fall the glow ring fell off the sight
7. I'm just sick of it.
8. I bet Tjones will buy it from me because it has CH on the side of it.

I am a little leary of the pins on the Truglo, they seem a little weak, we'll see. I gotta get the bow ready for January!!

Attachments

• P1020287.jpg
    P1020287.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 441
  • P1020289.jpg
    P1020289.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 418
I was guessing it may have been an adjustment thing. I like the micro adjust on my spot hogg, but it can be a serious pain to get all the pins in a straight line (vertically). I have no clue what my next sight will be.

I am planning on upgrading my sight in the next few months to a black gold one and I was just curious which model you guys recommended. Any of them will be a big upgrade over what I currently have so I can't wait to try them out.

Depend on what you want..the beauty of Black Gold is you can mix and match different parts to make the perfect sight for you...I shoot a Franken-ascent...The Ascent with a Surge head (5 pin) first two pins are .019 dia...then the next three are smaller .010 for long shots. I also have the third axis base on mine too.

I can practice out to 120 yards with this set up..one it is fun to shoot that far...two...makes the close shots easy!

Here is what one looks like with the Blind Man on it.

Attachments

• Hunting2011 014.jpg
    Hunting2011 014.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 341
1. It doesn't have a wrap and I think putting one on is $$$

I severely underestimated that price:confused::

Cost of the 7-pin wrap kit is $120, plus shipping. If you want to send it to us and have us do the installation, it's an additional $10.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back