Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bino harness question

SteveE

For those of you that use a bino harness with vault setup like kuiu or badlands.

Do you use your rubber bino covers also or do you only rely on the vault to protect the lenses?

I have always used the rubber caps on a harness with no storage vault. This is my first time using a vault style and wondering if I still need to use the caps with ubber expensive binos.

Thanks

I have the Alaskan Guide Creations harness now after trying a few of the others and have removed the plastic covers from the lenses. Seems to be working fine so far on my Nikon Monarchs. The binos are completely covered top, bottom, front, back and sides. Will be using this setup next week on a bear hunt so we'll learn a little more after that.

After switching to the AGC Bino Pack I took the lens covers off my binos and no complaints really. I did get a bunch of sand and grit in the eye cups after WY pronghorn and NE Sandhills mule deer hunts last year but that would have happened with or without the plastic/rubber caps I'm sure. Just disassembled the eye cups and gently cleaned all the parts off and they're good as new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back