Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bighorn sheep maccess zone 680?

whelieking: which place should I send my money? www.access2hunt.com or www.chasenaccess.com? Or both? Is there some more I can send money to in addition to these? I want to make sure I'll have a place to hunt when I draw my sheep tag. :D

THIS dumb...
image3.jpg

Just do a whois search on the domains and choose the registrant with the longest last name ;).

Nope not a math wizard just a public land hunter that likes the program. Define nice? Yes you can shoot a ram on thousands of public acres just not those. Would you pay 1.00 for access to hunt , because bet 90% of you keyboard nazi's have already paid to hunt elsewhere in the world for other animals. I like my position on this subject as like anyone else's entitled to there's. Oh yeah how about the people that draw their first year, or second. Not bad for them.

is there some pics of the actual rams killed on this private property, the brochure doesnt really say,,,is there a map showing this acreage, is it 2 million acres or 200 acres,,,
i am filling lucky, i think i am getting a tag:p:p

Just heard today an unconfirmed rumor that Chris Faber is trying to lease up land in the Boulder Valley north of Whitehall that was formerly in block management.

Mt miller. You are going to wish the Bullwacker swap was done because with your bear paw rifle tag you will be lucky to kill a bull of trophy quality!! Odd day you don't!!

because with your bear paw rifle tag you will be lucky to kill a bull of trophy quality!! Odd day you don't!!

Hmmmm, I'd bet he at least has the decency to try and hunt a free range animal on property that didn't allow the private sector to make money off a public entity. Looking at the photos on the website I would say the quality of critters on there are not worth $20 of private access, simply because equal quality animals are available for the price of fuel on public land in that country....

Last edited:
Mt miller. You are going to wish the Bullwacker swap was done because with your bear paw rifle tag you will be lucky to kill a bull of trophy quality!! Odd day you don't!!

Now that is a different debate.

A few months ago you promised it would be in public ownership. With your vast knowledge on the subject, could you let me know when that will occur?

Please continue to be an ass.

I guess all of the private land is not locked up. How is the access2hunt/chasenaccess program working?

Bighorn hunting access agreements reached

August 12, 2013

Two special access agreements reached between private landowners and the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks will improve opportunities this fall for bighorn sheep hunters in the Missouri River Breaks south of Havre.

The access agreements allow private lands within the Sanford and Brewer ranches to be legally accessed for free by sheep hunters who have drawn licenses in Hunting District 680.

Access to these private lands in turn connects to thousands of acres of public lands that would otherwise be difficult to reach. Except for coyotes on the Sanford Ranch, other types of hunting are not covered by the agreements.

The Sanford Ranch land is located along the Ragland Bench south of the Cow Island Trail off Lloyd Road. The agreement between the ranch owners and FWP runs from Sept. 5 to Dec. 1 and allows up to one bighorn ram party and three bighorn ewe parties to access the land per week. Other provisions include:

-- Beginning Aug. 22 and at least a week in advance of their trip, hunters can call FWP’s Havre office at 406-262-6177 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday to reserve their access to the Sanford Ranch. Permission will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.

-- Access can be reserved for up to a week. If a hunt is completed earlier than planned, the Havre FWP office will need to be notified. Other cancellations will also be handled through the Havre office.

-- Hunters must receive their permission slip, vehicle tag and map of the ranch prior to using the property.

-- No camping or fires are allowed on the private land.

-- No access will be allowed during wet and muddy periods. During periods of heavy rain or snow, hunters will need to park and walk.

-- No off-road driving is allowed, and hunters must stay on designated access roads.

The Brewer Ranch is also located south of the Cow Island Trail off Eskay and Brewer roads. This access agreement is also in effect from Sept. 5 to Dec. 1. Other provisions state:

-- Up to two parties of bighorn ram hunters and three bighorn ewe hunting parties are allowed on the Brewer property per week.

-- Beginning Aug. 22 hunters can contact the landowner at 406-386-2439 to gain permission, which will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.

-- Hunters can receive permission to access the Brewer Ranch for up to a week. If they complete their hunt earlier than planned, hunters will need to contact the landowner to cancel the remaining days. If they are unable to hunt in their designated time slot, they also must contact the landowner to cancel their reservation.

-- As with the Sanford property, hunters must receive their permission slip, vehicle tag and map prior to accessing the land.

-- No fires are allowed on private land.

-- No vehicle access will be permitted during wet and muddy periods, and no off-road driving is allowed.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/lifestyles/recreation/bighorn-hunting-access-agreements-reached/article_a2a152bf-063a-5459-91ab-5b0652606867.html#ixzz2cWmVRdgL

FWP outfitting

Sounds like the FWP just got into outfitting for Bighorn sheep! So I guess it is all tied up. No other animals can be hunted with this access.

I love reading this thread too. I have been effected by the "lockdown" on lands personally. So I love reading about the greed and ego issues by the pimps.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back