Biggest Elk Shed of '06

Total on elk last year was 6 or 7 I believe, with the biggest being a small five point. The areas I look for elk sheds in have a habit of getting pounded pretty hard.

I only found 2. A white chewed up old 7 point, and a nice brown massive 6 point off a high 340s type bull. Found both while bear hunting. Didn't go looking for sheds.

DSC00142.JPG

I found this set while coyote calling this past year. Gross score around 393 with 6 inches of busted tine. I am 6'4" 240lbs...

My buddy brought a shed over last night off a bull we filmed in 2005. The one side scored big!! I'll try and get some pics when he gets the other side (it's been found and he'll have it soon).

Heres the biggest set of elk sheds i found last year. They are off a 350-360ish bull. I found them while hunting at around 9000'. They are from a public land general season bull. I think they are pretty impressive for a unit that gets pounded with hunters. Nothing like those AZ bulls but not bad for WY. I find it amazing that i can get a tag otc and see bulls like this with a little hard work. Maybe I'll be holding his rack this fall.....:D

bmtelksheds.jpg

el

That's a good bull. A 350 bull is a big mature bull even in Arizona, it seems like a lot of people are getting the bug & calling 350 bulls 400s around here(I believe Stan will agree.). That is a darn nice set of sheds!

Nice set Ernesto. I am just a little disappointed that you use those bikes to run elk until they drop.;) :D

both the bikes are mine! But i only have one now because someone stole one.... cjcj told me it was probably an illegal since i found a taco time wrapper at the crime scene.

Actually that pic is at a buddies house, i don't keep antlers at my place....

That's a good bull. A 350 bull is a big mature bull even in Arizona, it seems like a lot of people are getting the bug & calling 350 bulls 400s around here(I believe Stan will agree.). That is a darn nice set of sheds!

You'd be suprised at how many 340-350 bulls are 400+ around here. I have a lot of examples but don't have time to write them all down, they are all true stories though..........

I am not Tim Hardaway but you are scaring me!!!

DSC00852.JPG

Here is another good shed I found this past year. 62" beam...

Stan, we need some dam moisture around here...It is starting to look scary. They keep saying that we are going to get storms but they all seem to be petering out, alteast north & west of the rim.

Oh, yeh here is one side of the 390 bull from the year before. Wait its only 340 class shed, the drought doesn't effect antler growth.LOL:D

DSC00212.JPG

It is looking kind of slim so far. I'd hate to see the growth on a back to back bad year. You can figure a 5% to 10% loss of antler on many of the mature bulls on drought years. I'd say 9 out of 10 "big" bulls were down 5/10% this year. 390 to 340 just about 10%.

Back