PEAX Equipment

Big Tom Bobcat, 28 lbs and 150 Yards

Double Naught Spy

This was my last and longest hunt of the year. I had arrived early on the property to check cameras and discovered that hogs had been there at 4:00 am and so I made plans to stay for the entire night. Overall, there was a goodly amount of animal activity to keep me entertained, despite the cold, but there were no hogs.

Around 2:30 in the morning, I spotted this bobcat crossing the field at the far end of the property. He had covered a considerable distance by the time I had my rifle up and gear turned on. I tracked the bobcat and he came to a stop shortly before the recorder sounded it was starting to record. I took the shot just as he started to move out again and then made a quick followup shot.

The bobcat came in at 28 lbs and turned out to be quite pretty. There will be clothing in the future of the pelt.

Video... http://youtu.be/z3ZYGNfSk3k

20141230_023449reduced.jpg

pretty sweet cat. If you know anyone looking to buy another FLIR have them call me.

Sweet! My son and I had a bobcat walk by our treestand at less than 20yds this year during gun season. Very cool to see. Just wish we had a season...

very pretty cat. I had a hat made for my daughter a few years ago and it turned out beautiful.

Nice cat and nicer scope. I keep looking at the thermal imaging scopes but just can't justify pulling the trigger on one. Paired up with a suppressed AR it would be deadly against hogs in the summer time!

I think you will find the prices will come down in 2015. More folks are going to be offering thermal scopes and/or more models of thermal scopes. You will also see the first sub $3K thermal weapon sights. So maybe the prices will come down enough for you.

I think you will find the prices will come down in 2015. More folks are going to be offering thermal scopes and/or more models of thermal scopes. You will also see the first sub $3K thermal weapon sights. So maybe the prices will come down enough for you.

Is that the ATN scope on that gun?

Nice cat and nicer scope. I keep looking at the thermal imaging scopes but just can't justify pulling the trigger on one. Paired up with a suppressed AR it would be deadly against hogs in the summer time!
Thermal scopes and ARs are fun on Texas hogs! Especially when you get to see a fellow hunttalker whack one wearing pajama pants and house shoes! :eek: :D

That said, a suppressed 44 mag bolt or single shot shooting heavy subsonic rounds would be slicker I think. It would be quieter, probably leave a bigger blood trail, and still have enough range for the thermal scope. I don't think it would spook them as much as the AR. Rate of fire would be slower, but I bet you still get off as many well aimed shots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvbI4OpjuTI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back