Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

big smallies

Duck-Slayer

Well went fishing with my best bud Neil on May 2 - Friday... i.e. the title, took him too the best smallmouth spot I could get too with the low water in the snake, was trying too get him his personal best, but for some reason they were biting light on his little jig..... I was using a rip n rap a small spinner bait and a large spinner bait and even caught a couple on Neil's sinking rapala..... had a great time with a good friend,
Matt

start out with a small one 17 1/2"
IMG_1109_zpsaebe2811.jpg

I believe this was the big one at 18 1/2"
IMG_1107_zps0c0fbde3.jpg

Followed by 2 18"er's
IMG_1113_zps9e97c3dc.jpg

IMG_1114_zps646ce034.jpg

Than I got a cool sequence with Neil catching a nice one than a pic of it jumping and the hook pulling, you can see the fish in the air and his jig half way between the fish and his pole.....
IMG_1110_zpsbc90b82e.jpg

IMG_1111_zpsf58aca98.jpg

Man,those smallies are porkers.Looks like fun,..they must be females on their beds with such big bellies.Makes me think when i was a "ute", catching bass and pickerel.

Matt those are some big well nourished fish. Congratulations on the outing.

Nice ones! The creeks around here were getting really good, then we got almost 4 inches of rain and it muddied them up.

Great pics, pound for pound best fighting fish around.

Took my boys to the lake today and tried to catch some crappie. Not even a single bite. It was a little windy but they had fun. Game warden came by and checked my license. I love having my lifetime!! First time I've ever encountered a warden in the field. He was very nice. Spent some time by my truck with his binos spying on some other folks on a dock.

Working on my boat today. You've got me motivated. Great looking fish. Thanks for the post.

Now that looks like a great way to spend a day. I've caught a lot of smallies but none anywhere near as nice as those. Color me smallie-green with envy.

Well done! We have a few creeks/rivers around here with them, but I've never caught one. My goal for this summer is to get firsts for both me and my oldest son. Might be a bit tricky wading with a 6yo, but we're gonna try.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back