Caribou Gear

Big GAme hunting Story....

Moosie

Grand poopa
So, my boy woke me up this morning and said he wrote a story last night. I really liked it (Being the dad of course) so I wanted to share it with you guys too. Here is the Cover :

hb_cover.jpg

hb_1.jpg

Ben woke up early. Today is special said Ben. He was going on a hunting trip. Ben wnet to wake up his father.

hb_2.jpg

When Ben woke up his dad they gathered the camoflage and had a quick meal. And then they started there hunting trip.

hb_3.jpg

On the way they see a doe and a fawn. they also saw birds,elk and goats.

hb_4.jpg

When they got there they there camo on and went off to find a bear.

hb_5.jpg

After they hiked awhile they came across a ridge. They thought they saw something moving so they got out the spotting scope.

hb_6.jpg

It sure was a bear. My dad raised thegun and then bam. The bear went on a few yards then dropped dead.

hb_7.jpg

We went down and sliced the meat and packed it outa there.

hb_8.jpg

that night they had a great meal. The End.

Very cool there Oscar Thomas Williamson the 3rd.:cool: I am sure we will be reading more of your stories in books and magzines in the years to come.:) Very well written and very realistic pictures. You are a lucky young man that your dad takes you along and is teaching you about the outdoors. Good job!:D

You know what I liked the Best of his Story, It was the Hike we went on, Look at the Hills we're climbing, He's seen enough of my pictures to know we start at the bottom and head up. Look at the clock in the picture. It's 5AM :D maybe a little late but for Local duck hunting I'd let him sleep in till 5AM. The desk is exactly what's in his room.

Why we saw goats I'm not sure but I have several pictures of Mnt Goats I brought home from some deer hunts. I also liked the fact that we saw something, then instead of shooting we pull out the Spotting scope and Bino's.

No comments please on slicing the meat pictures ... :p

And notice Moms not at the table when We're eating game meat......

Man the detail in that thing! Even the dining room table really looks like that honkin' huge table of yours. Oscar never ceases to stupefy me.

For those of you with kids take note this is a first grader. Heck, he spells better than you Mooseman. :D

Thats a great story!!! will the animation and all I would say you have quite an influence on your kids...awesome!! and thanks for sharing!

No comments please on slicing the meat pictures ...
Aw come on I wanna say something. ;)

I am really suprised your son said Doe and not Trophy SPIKE, Maybe he was embarressd his dad shot throphy spikes.

I actually told him that he switched from 3rd person today in his story. Started out talking about "BEN" then later on said "my DAD" and "WE". He wanted me to Yank it from Hunttalk so He could edit it. he was a bit imbarassed. Hell, I said, I'd be happy to write something like that !! :D I told him no, but now he's going to write another book....... A better ; longer one.

So.. Actually he's in 2nd grade Mojave, but he did do good on drawing the table didn't he ?!?.

(OK, time to brag on the little guy right now)

He was the top reader in the accellerated reding program for 1st grade. Got a plaque for finishing with the most points of the 1st grade in all the classes. He got over 200% of his goal. They have to read books, take tests, and get points.

This year, he just printed out a list of the top 25 in the entire School. He's # 6. thats not of 2nd graders, It's the entire school. There are no other 2nd graders, one other 3rd grader and only 4th and 5th graders after that. He's on par (Even if he stops reading today) to be the top 2nd grader reader in the school.

(Now, He's not just a Book nerd, He does Karate' and Soccer. As well as Dances, Heck, Most everyones seen his moves in the fireside :p)

So, they wanted him to read a book that wasn't in the Library, so He read the Serpents egg. After he finished (Not a 2nd grader book at all) he tested and got points. They send an Email to the publisher who in return sent it to the Author who Emailed him Back. Here was a BIT of the Dialog . He Emailed her back 2 times since :

"Hi I'm Oscar Williamson III the one from Ali Frantz's 2nd grade class in Nampa Idaho. I am the one in her class that read The Serpent's Egg. Mrs. Frantz showed me your email and said I could email you and ask to be a reviewer. This is what I think would be good for a review.

I liked this book because it's a fun magical adventure. My favorite character is the Elven Prince Elester. It is so good it is hard to stop reading.

It was scary at some parts. I think it was funny when the Druid said he would turn Nicholas into a tree stump. I liked when they were at the Library of Parliment and Hate's half dead creature attacked. I also liked the part when Elester cracked the egg and Hate went into the land with No Name.

My favorite funny part is when Miranda's school teacher wrote outside the girls bathroom "Miranda Tart is a big fat fart". It still makes me giggle.

I really enjoyed your book, thanks for writing it. I can't wait to read the next two books of the Serpent's Egg trilogy.

-Oscar, age 7 (almost 8)

She then Emailed back and Said :

Hi Oscar,

What a fun surprise! Thanks for your email. I emailed my publisher, HarperCollins, and told Felicia (that’s the lady who gets all the reviewers for the backs of my books) that I’d like you to be on the back of my new book The Prince of Darkness (book two of The Mole Wars), which will be published this fall. We’ll have to find you a copy of The Fire Demons (book one) so you can read it first. That way, you’ll be ready to read The Prince of Darkness. What happens is Harpers will send you my manuscript (lots of white printer pages). You will read it and write a paragraph or two about how much you liked it. I love your review for The Serpent’s Egg, so if you do something like that for The Prince of Darkness, it’ll be great. Remember, it’s not a school project, it should be fun.

I’ll email you again when I hear back from my publisher.

See you in Bethany,

J. (FitzGerald McCurdy)

That is the coolest thing! Munchkin's gonna be famous! :D

Just think we knew you when. :D

You've got quite an amazing lad there, Moosie! Keep up with the encouragement and he's sure to go far. I guess 'ol Moosie is a pretty good dad afterall...even though he teached his kids to dance to hip hop! :confused:

O. III, You're a very intelligent young man! Keep up the great work!! You're making us all proud. Oh, by the way.....give your dad some spelling lessons, ok?
LOL! :D

That ROCKS!! Especially the part about putting the plug on the book. Reminds me of the only time that I've been published. I wrote a story about an alien named Ollie (the Oliver North scandal was on the news) that was published in Highlights. It's still at my Dad's house somewhere's.

Good job Oscar III.

Great story and you have a lot to be proud of Moosie. That is awesome that they want to have his review on the back of the new book.

I busted up on the slicing picture. :D

Awesome Moosie!!!! That's quite a 2nd grader you have there. The 'kid' posts always bring me out....

S.

:)

Stanley, then I should be bringing you out more often with my posts ;)

Thanx guys, He hasn't started on his new Book, But I'll let you guys know when He's on AMAZON.com :D

Oscar's been Bugging me and I told him he has to wait.... but I Emailed the Author last night. If anyone here has Kids or wants to read a good book themself, Take a look at this series of books.

So to follow up,

Hi Oscar (Dad)

I’ve give Oscar III’s name to HarperCollins to review my new book. I’ll be watching and pushing hard to get him on the cover. I had a very long tour across Canada recently and a number of book signings and really fell behind in my book. The publishers were pushing me to get the book done, but when they realized I couldn’t travel on tours and work at the same time, they took pity on me and decided not to publish this fall, but to wait and publish for next spring. I should be finished the book sometime in April and then it’s about three or four months to edit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdK
Back