Caribou Gear

Best Chopper Gloves

freu1chr

Guys i am trying to find the best chopper gloves that will keep my hands warm. Preferably ones that i can change liners in if the liners were to get wet. My hands get cold easily. Thank you very much.

Bought these and some liners for my husband who has chronically cold hands and he loves them.

I also use buckskin choppers with wool liners purchased at the Army Navy store. The wool liners have a seperate trigger finger which makes it easier to shoot with the protection of a wool mitten.

Sometime over the last few years I developed Raynauds Disease and it forced me to go down the path of looking at what I needed out of some chopper mitts. I tried a few different brands of Leather Mittens and eventually ended on the Outdoor Research Firebrand Mitts. I look completely ridiculous but my hands stay warm and usable so I don't care.

I’ve used a bunch of leather chopper mitts and like them, but I picked up a pair of First Lite Grizzly mitts for cold weather and snowmobile use. I’m extremely happy with them.

Last edited:
I don't thrown down like @Schaaf does, but I rock skiing/mountaineering mitten shells with merino liner gloves in side. I appreciate the ability to cinch the backs down to keep snow and wind out.

Guys i am trying to find the best chopper gloves that will keep my hands warm. Preferably ones that i can change liners in if the liners were to get wet. My hands get cold easily. Thank you very much.

Hey! I am looking to get some for my husband when he heads out in a couple weeks. Do you suggest getting the liners too?

Hey! I am looking to get some for my husband when he heads out in a couple weeks. Do you suggest getting the liners too?
FYI - in my experience, their sizing runs large. That is a good thing for choppers unless you are used to ordering a size bigger to start with for a little wiggle room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back