Best Alaska Books

blueridge

I am two months out from my Alaskan moose adventure. I need a book to get me excited and a book to take with me on the trip (preferably not grizz attack tales). What are your favorites?

I haven’t read as much Alaska as I would like, been reading about Africa lately! I did like Alaska’s wolf man and Alaska and me. I have a couple more on the shelf, I’ll have to check when I get to the house

Not mine! Bought my copy years ago and for MUCH less. Try Abe books. They list some editions for $30 or so.

Last edited:
Not mine! Bought my copy years ago and for MUCH less. Try Abe books. They list some editions for $30 or so.
Print on demand from Gyan Books in New Delhi. Seems a little sketch (I’ve been to New Delhi a couple times), but I’ll pop for $20. Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited:
Last edited:
That
Walking My Dog Jane https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dog-Jane-Trans-Alaska-Nonfiction/dp/0820703354

Down in Bristol Bay: High Tides, Hangovers, and Harrowing Experiences on Alaska's Last Frontier
https://www.amazon.com/Down-Bristol...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1688904579&sr=1-1

There are hundreds of good books...I sold 25 of them in our moving sale (gone)View attachment 283279
Thanks for the rec’s @AlaskaHunter . That first one looks really good.
My father-in-law and his brothers worked on the pipeline in the early 70’s, going out ahead and building the camps along the route.

Aren’t you around Fairbanks? I will be hunting there in the triangle, flying out of Glenallen.

I recommend Alaska's Wolf man book.
Very good about Frank Glaser..

That

Thanks for the rec’s @AlaskaHunter . That first one looks really good.
My father-in-law and his brothers worked on the pipeline in the early 70’s, going out ahead and building the camps along the route.

Aren’t you around Fairbanks? I will be hunting there in the triangle, flying out of Glenallen.
Yes we live about 15 miles outside of Fairbanks, between Ester and Neana.
Are you moose or caribou or sheep hunting out of Glenallen?

What do Alaskans think about those classics, Coming into the Country by John McPhee and Going to Extremes by Joe McGinnis? Also Arctic Dreams by Barry Lopez. They lit the fuse for Alaska for me long ago.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back