Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Berger Bullets

I will also add the elk that wasn’t a one shot kill was but he was still standing so I just kept shooting. I see no reason to not use Bergers if that is the bullet design/performance that you want.

One of my favorites. Just wish it was reliably available. I’ve quit working loads up with nosler bullets because they are so hit or miss on finding them. Hornady plant must be 10x the size of noslers
I don't understand how the Ballistic Tip isn't more widely available. Maybe the term Ballistic wasn't understood. mtmuley

I don't understand how the Ballistic Tip isn't more widely available. Maybe the term Ballistic wasn't understood. mtmuley

I think nosler is spread so thin on what they offer now. Everyone thinks you need an accubond for deer

The Ballistic Tip is possibly the most misunderstood bullet out there. mtmuley
I started out using ballistic tips 20 years ago on deer, and they deer did indeed drop like a ton of bricks hit them. But after I hit one, unknowingly in the leg bone and it crippled the deer and I tracked him for 1/2 a mile and he stopped bleeding and I lost him, I swore off using ballistic tips. They are varmint bullets. That's it. I would never us them (or bergers) on a big animal like an elk. I think you are setting yourself up for problems. To the hunters that use them, and had success, great. But please acknowledge their big weaknesses. That was Randy Selig's main point in his video. I only hunt with TSX's, TTSX's or Accubonds, with Accubond's being my go to favorite.

I started out using ballistic tips 20 years ago on deer, and they deer did indeed drop like a ton of bricks hit them. But after I hit one, unknowingly in the leg bone and it crippled the deer and I tracked him for 1/2 a mile and he stopped bleeding and I lost him, I swore off using ballistic tips. They are varmint bullets. That's it. I would never us them (or bergers) on a big animal like an elk. I think you are setting yourself up for problems. To the hunters that use them, and had success, great. But please acknowledge their big weaknesses. That was Randy Selig's main point in his video. I only hunt with TSX's, TTSX's or Accubonds, with Accubond's being my go to favorite.
Where on the leg did you hit?

Let’s be honest who has experienced bullet failure with a good shot. Bullet technology is good a lot of good options out there.

That is some jacket for a varmint bullet. Maybe they haven't always been that way? But the below bullet construction is pretty damn stout.

1709057830861.png

That is some jacket for a varmint bullet. Maybe they haven't always been that way? But the below bullet construction is pretty damn stout.

View attachment 317175
The ballistic tip was indeed changed from the original design that came out many years ago. I happen to have some that have been sitting on the shelf since the 1980s. They were explosive when traveling fast. The new design is much tougher and is a very good bullet.20240227_160004.jpg20240227_160051.jpg

Back