Bergara lrp elite

Colorado joe

Just bought my new Bergara lrp elite I put a night force 7x35 scope. I was starting to get disappointed in it wint through 75 rounds and couldn’t get a group under an inch tried many different powders everyone said H 4350 was to go to powder not for my rifle reloader 17 was the powder at 42 gr and oal of 2810 and she shot a 4.35 by the way it’s a 6.5 Creedmore India as if you couldn’t tell I am new to this and new to Percision loading.

Last edited:
I would be tempted to get a box of the Hornady black box rounds with the 143 grain eldx. If those are shooting poorly and you're having no luck with handloads, I suspect that either there's something wrong with the scope/mounts, or you got a lemon. I doubt that though.

Also, I don't mean any disrespect here, but are you new to shooting, or just this kind of precision shooting? It just strikes me that most new shooters couldn't shoot a one inch group, even with the most accurate rifle. There is technique involved and it takes practice. Just a thought, but maybe off-base.

Standard questions...all bolts and screws tightened and torqued? is the barrel floated? action bedded? did you work up to this load or randomly pick it from the internet? what rest are you using? did you clean the rifle before shooting? did you follow a break-in?

is 4.35 at 100? 400? 50??

Welcome aboard and I own a Bergara and had no trouble with zero. I have been shooting Hornady Precision Hunter rounds out to 500 yards with excellent results.

Reloader 17 is a very temp sensitive powder, develop loads with that in mind.

Hope you get it to shoot. a 4" group warrants a call to bergera if all the above checks out.

I would be tempted to get a box of the Hornady black box rounds with the 143 grain eldx. If those are shooting poorly and you're having no luck with handloads, I suspect that either there's something wrong with the scope/mounts, or you got a lemon. I doubt that though.

Also, I don't mean any disrespect here, but are you new to shooting, or just this kind of precision shooting? It just strikes me that most new shooters couldn't shoot a one inch group, even with the most accurate rifle. There is technique involved and it takes practice. Just a thought, but maybe off-base.

Sorry guys that was supposed to be a .435 with the reloader 17 and a 140 gr Bthp match . I Have been shooting 40 years of my life but for hunting a 1 inch group was plenty good now I’m getting into long range competition shooting

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back