Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Beginners

Hunter&Huntress

My fiancee and I would like to start archery hunting. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what would be a good bow for each of us. We would like good bows that a beginner can use but that would still be a good bow once we are more experienced.

The Diamond Razor's Edge is a great bow for females who are beginning. It is widely adjustable in both draw length, and draw weight.

For the guys, it really depends. If you have someone who can help your purchase a used bow (someone who can tell you what to look out for), then that is a great option. If not, even most of the "budget" bows these days (Bear, Diamond, etc.) are actually quite good.

Until you have some experience and know exactly what you want out of a bow, don't drop a ton of money on a new bow.

Go to a knowledgeable archery shop that has a variety of archery equipment in both traditional and compound. Tell them what you are wanting to do. Recreational/hunting and let them guide you. Shoot several bows so you have something to compare one to the other. Make a purchase decision on what you like the most and what your budget is. There is a lot of great bows out there at all sorts of prices. Too many to mention.

I would say go and shoot all of the bows. When I bought mine I went and shot every bow that every archery shop had, and found the one that shot best for me. Every person will like something a little different. I didn't get too hung up on who made it as much as I did how it shot for me. I narrowed my search down to 2 bows, and one was significantly less money, but that was the first time I used price as a comparision. There are a lot of great bows out there, get the one that shoots best for you. Best of luck on the search.

Last Christmas my wife and I jumped through that hoop. She got the aforementioned Diamond Razor's Edge in pink. I got a year old Bowtech Admiral. We shoot together every day we are together and are planning our first archery elk hunt in 3 weeks. We both love our bows.

I would affirm what the others have said, both of you should shoot as many bows as possible and see what you like. Because when it really comes down to it, it's really all about about what fits you works for you and what you like. what worked for us was Bowtechs hers is a Heartbreaker and mine is a General.

I got my first bow this last spring. The Bowtech Assassin, it came ready to go out of the box so I didn't have to worry about what to put on just a bare bow. I'm headed out next weekend and couldn't be happier. I did notice that after shooting all summer the brushes in the rest were starting to hit the fletchings and cause some weird arrow flight. I picked up a set of new brushes at Sportsmans for 9.99 and it's back to grouping close enough I have an arrow to fix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back